New members and naming help!

GingerLove

5 Year Member
Probably to early to tell... but it's looking female to me. The tale "hole" will be shaped more like a little slit or a "V". Whereas the females have a big round hole.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Texas, Austin area
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1486968360.500303.jpg this is my baby Tucker, the guy i got him from told me his egg was incubated to produce a male... Tucker here is about 1.5 yrs old and about 6 inches SCL weighing little over 1Lb ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1486968553.300855.jpg and here is Shellie, they are exactly same age, she is supposed to be a girl and I tend to think she maybe since she has some split/extra scutes ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1486969296.649471.jpgwhich i hear usually occur in femalesImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1486968553.300855.jpg and please excuse her poopy butt, she is the one that to this day will poop at times even after her bath and during coco oil massage but never afterwards even though we still mess with her (weighing-in, measurement, close exam of her skin/shell/mouth/nose/eyes under good light) she just is a bath/massage pooper where Tucker only poops up storm in the bath which btw they both love! It's their spa time. I bathe them in human size tub where they have plenty of room to walk and much on some fresh leaves piece of fruit or fresh forest mushrooms. This is how i got them to stop freaking out about bathing: yummy snacks! And i think they like the space. It was much more traumatizing when we did it in plastic container. At 1 yr old, I think it maybe hard to tell. The tort still has tons of growing to do and those structures may change. As for names, I kinda like that idea of cosmetic brands bcs that's what had struck me when i saw the picture, those cheeks!so... Maybilline for girl, could do Revlon for a boy:) or something more unisex like: L'oreal, or Clinique or... Esteè Lauder... or Blush???.... but I myself am bad with names. I'm sure you pick up something suitable with both looks and personality

Pearly

5 Year Member
One more thing, Shellie weighs now almost 2.5 lbs and is 7.5" SCL . I'll take another pics of her butt at next bath, so maybe we get little better idea:) good luck and post pics of the enclosure, and lots and lots of pictures! We love pics on this forum:)

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
View attachment 199671 this is my baby Tucker, the guy i got him from told me his egg was incubated to produce a male... Tucker here is about 1.5 yrs old and about 6 inches SCL weighing little over 1Lb View attachment 199673 and here is Shellie, they are exactly same age, she is supposed to be a girl and I tend to think she maybe since she has some split/extra scutes View attachment 199674which i hear usually occur in femalesView attachment 199673 and please excuse her poopy butt, she is the one that to this day will poop at times even after her bath and during coco oil massage but never afterwards even though we still mess with her (weighing-in, measurement, close exam of her skin/shell/mouth/nose/eyes under good light) she just is a bath/massage pooper where Tucker only poops up storm in the bath which btw they both love! It's their spa time. I bathe them in human size tub where they have plenty of room to walk and much on some fresh leaves piece of fruit or fresh forest mushrooms. This is how i got them to stop freaking out about bathing: yummy snacks! And i think they like the space. It was much more traumatizing when we did it in plastic container. At 1 yr old, I think it maybe hard to tell. The tort still has tons of growing to do and those structures may change. As for names, I kinda like that idea of cosmetic brands bcs that's what had struck me when i saw the picture, those cheeks!so... Maybilline for girl, could do Revlon for a boy:) or something more unisex like: L'oreal, or Clinique or... Esteè Lauder... or Blush???.... but I myself am bad with names. I'm sure you pick up something suitable with both looks and personality
Your torts are a beauty! GOD bless.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Hello, Caitlin, and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum to you and Noname.:)
I would call it Adam.
That's a great name.
Adam is s great name indeed! One of my twin boys is Adam and I also have 2 Cousins named Adam. My Little Adam is with me here in Texas, one of the Big Adam is in Poland and the 3rd one (recently discovered apparent genetic link bcs we look alike) lives in Morocco:) All 3 Adams are VERY SWEET! I love my Adams!

Last edited:

Slow and steady

S.E. Florida
Pearly, your Redfoots are lovely, even the little messy girl;). The mottling on your cherryhead is breathtaking. I have a rescued cherryhead juvi that's just starting to show some light growth coming in. I can only hope...
So how about a name, Caitlin5? I think Maybelline is cute.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Pearly, your Redfoots are lovely, even the little messy girl;). The mottling on your cherryhead is breathtaking. I have a rescued cherryhead juvi that's just starting to show some light growth coming in. I can only hope...
So how about a name, Caitlin5? I think Maybelline is cute.
Thank you. Start a thread for yours and post lots of pictures and updates. We'll be cheering you on

PJay

5 Year Member
Virginia
View attachment 199671 this is my baby Tucker, the guy i got him from told me his egg was incubated to produce a male... Tucker here is about 1.5 yrs old and about 6 inches SCL weighing little over 1Lb View attachment 199673 and here is Shellie, they are exactly same age, she is supposed to be a girl and I tend to think she maybe since she has some split/extra scutes View attachment 199674which i hear usually occur in femalesView attachment 199673 and please excuse her poopy butt, she is the one that to this day will poop at times even after her bath and during coco oil massage but never afterwards even though we still mess with her (weighing-in, measurement, close exam of her skin/shell/mouth/nose/eyes under good light) she just is a bath/massage pooper where Tucker only poops up storm in the bath which btw they both love! It's their spa time. I bathe them in human size tub where they have plenty of room to walk and much on some fresh leaves piece of fruit or fresh forest mushrooms. This is how i got them to stop freaking out about bathing: yummy snacks! And i think they like the space. It was much more traumatizing when we did it in plastic container. At 1 yr old, I think it maybe hard to tell. The tort still has tons of growing to do and those structures may change. As for names, I kinda like that idea of cosmetic brands bcs that's what had struck me when i saw the picture, those cheeks!so... Maybilline for girl, could do Revlon for a boy:) or something more unisex like: L'oreal, or Clinique or... Esteè Lauder... or Blush???.... but I myself am bad with names. I'm sure you pick up something suitable with both looks and personality
Revlon would be great for a male! Pet name (no pun, seriously) could be The Revster, Reveloni, Rev-a-leva-ding dong.

caitlin5

I love everyone's ideas and I really appreciate everyone's effort! I haven't decided 100 percent yet but I do think I'm leaning towards a make up line since he or she has the blush on it's cheeks! Wish I could figure out gender!!