New Margie

Sandy Martinez

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Antonio
Enjoying the sunshine yesterday. Had him a little over a month - overcoming his shyness with me little more everyday. Thanks T.L. !

Attachments

• Marg 1.jpg
    Marg 1.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 61

BILBO-03

Beautiful! I know you said "him" but do you know the sex yet?

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Beautiful, Beautiful, beautiful! ! ! ! ! :<3::<3::<3:

Sandy Martinez

5 Year Member
San Antonio
Credit goes to T.G. on care and husbandry:) He is beautiful! and so sweet. Will be 4 yrs old in May -- looks like a male.

tglazie

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, TX
Yeah, he was always a shy one. Not the shyest one I've ever raised, but he certainly didn't appreciate human eyes on him. Glad to know he's enjoying the warmer weather. My largest female Lady Gino just laid her first eggs of the year, a glorious clutch of seven. I'm suspecting Marge will lay next, given how restless she's been.

A little history for those other than Sandy, this little fella is of Chris Leone stock, purchased as a temp sexed female. He never showed for me, but given his brutish behavior toward two of Gary B's and three of my 2014 holdovers, I figured he was a boy. The others aren't demonstrating this behavior, which I find manifests in males once they reach the five inch mark. Males seem to go through a puberty at that stage, where their primary aim, ahead of finding food and shelter, is to bite or hump any other tortoise in their vicinity. Every male I've ever raised (and I raised a lot of 'em attempting to narrow down my current cadre of ladies) showed aggression before showing his manhood. And I'm not talking tepid, "I will sit on your food" aggression, but "I will bite you on your face" aggression. I can't say this is an absolute indicator, but Sandy's little fella was definitely looking very male when I handed him off. Glad to hear he's doing well, Sandy.

T.G.