New Indoor Pyxis planicauda Enclosure

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools

Please let me know what you think. I'm feeling pretty good about this new group, and the enclosure, but a second opinion is always a good move.

Thanks everyone!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I really like those Waterland tubs. I wish they weren't so expensive.

474158gy04azrh2x.gif

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Very nice. Have you thought of perhaps adding the water area a shallow bog or marsh when they get bigger. I know these guys can be found in shallow wetlands during a season.

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
Very nice. Have you thought of perhaps adding the water area a shallow bog or marsh when they get bigger. I know these guys can be found in shallow wetlands during a season.
Yeah, I am getting to a point with the arachnoides where I could open that portion up and actually have a water section. I won't for them though, since I bathe them so often that I don't think they need it, and the shallow water dish is so easy to keep clean. When I had the water section filled with water for the arachnoides, it got dirty fast and was impossible to keep clean.

For the planicauda, I probably wouldn't do it for the same reason, but I would be willing to figure something out to fill that niche for them without creating something that will create an unhealthy environment where I can't keep water clean!

I really like those Waterland tubs. I wish they weren't so expensive.
They really are great. The Water tubs are even better! I have my Actinemys pair in a medium Waterland, and it is just an amazing product. Shipping is where you really get hit, especially on anything medium or larger. This small was cheap to ship. Other than shipping, I think they are great enclosures with a nice footprint. Easy to setup, heat, drain, clean, etc.