New home to my tortoise

Abies

Hey everyone! ;) We are living in Europe and here the summer is quite warm so I decided it would be nice, if she would have a nice home in the outside also. Here in the photos the home is not ready yet. You can see only the box but now she has a special house(because sometimes she really like to be somewhere, where is darker) and shelter. Thouse things are necessary, because now she can choose where she likes to be. Some days are very warm and then she wants to go somewhere where is little bit colder. Some degrees lower. She really like to be there, she is very active and so curious, especially when I put some new food to the box. She really like to eat dandelions. As you can see I give her sometimes grapes also, but only once or twice in a month.

19047106_1645043685536078_514763391_o.jpg

Korall

Location (City and/or State)
Sweden
It looks like you're missing a food and water dish, plain terracotta plates will do.
You can also decorate it with some eatable plants.
If necessary, how do you keep it warm/cool?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Agree, water and food dish a hide and or plants. What size is your tort baby or adult and what size is the enclosure it looks small. Does it get any natural shade.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It's good that you're giving your tortoise some outside time. They love being outside.

Abies

Hi, like I said it is not ready yet. Ofcourse I put food dish there and water also :) I had experience with tortoises more than 15 years :) She is adult, she is 13 years old and this photo shows, how to say, wrong sizes. the box is quit big(2m*1m) and her own diameter is 16 cm. My vet said that size would be good. How I keep it warm and cool. Like I said we have very warm summertimes here. So if the weather is up to 20 degreeds I put her out and when the night comes(or weather is not so good any more) I take her back to her own terrarium, which is inside. It is very good, if the tortoises can be outside, it is good for theirs health, if u to this right way. Now the box has different look, if I have time, I will to an other photo of the box. :) She is my second tortoise and she has very good health, I visit vet twice or more in a year, the vet gives her worms-medication and look, does she have good health :)

Abies

We moved 3 month ago but I wanna show you her previous place which was outside also. We had there a little bit better opportunities but she is happy also now :) Now we have flat and balcony which do not have any fances, that is the reason why i but box there.

Attachments

• IMG_20140615_142830.jpg
    IMG_20140615_142830.jpg
    401.4 KB · Views: 19