New here, intro with my little guy (pictures)

fireshadow

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Alberta, Canada
Finally caved a few weeks ago and got myself a little red foot. Loving him so far. I have an army of short tail pythons and a few other odds and ends but he's a fresh and lively addition. Love watching him. So far he is digging, I do worry about substrate getting into his eyes as I have him on a mix of plantation soil, moss and cypress mulch.

Any one have any quick tips on red foots they wish they knew when they first started keeping them? I think I have my bases covered, might kick this guy into my headed and humidified snakes room at some point, especially once winter hits (gets to 0% humidity) and its hard to keep humidity up.

A few of the other crew members I have:

Too many snakes to show all 30+ of them though.

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
Your Redfoot is super cute! There is a lot of info in the Redfoot/Yellowfoot section of the forum and I'm sure some of the experienced Redfoot keepers will chime in. A photo of your set up would go a long way in getting you any tips (if you need any). Your other animals are beautiful! I love the viking hat! Welcome to TFO!!:tort:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). Check out the tortoiselibrary.com for more great RF info. It's one of our members sites. Also, not sure if I understand about your winter housing. RF need a high humdity but not living on wet top layers of substrate as they are prone to shel rot.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Welcome from a fellow photographer. Beautiful family. They love photos here! hint, hint, get to work!