New Guy Here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vegas Chad

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Howdy… I picked up a little piece of paper that had this link on it at the NARBC auction the past weekend and put it into my pocket; while unpacking just now I found it and here I am!
Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself! My girlfriend and I have 4 Desert Torts, a pair of small Sulcata and a leopard at the moment; we are looking to get an aldabra and pancake group in the future.
I am looking to get some information on your outdoor tort set up’s. The DT are fine roaming around in my back yard, however I am wanting to build a few pens to get my others outdoors as they are getting a little large to house inside. I am also looking for what seems to be the norm for feeding techniques of the leopard and Sulcata; I have my own feeding system but want to see what tort experts do. Darci and I breed Chameleons and Bearded Dragons, Torts for us are just for fun.

Anyway… Hello. See yall on the forum.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Redlands, CA
welcome chad! glad to see at least one NARBC attendee made it here :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Sounds like you have a nice little group started there! Hi and welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy yourself her. Don't mind me if I start drooling over your DTs ok?

Vegas Chad

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Thanks guys! Being from Vegas and all there are lots of them here (all CB); plus care is super easy… I am also a part of the local desert tortoise group so that is rather nice… I currently have 4 males so the yard looks kind of like a map with the different areas marked out for them to roam in… I will be giving away a few and pick up a few females from a family member of mine. I will keep my favorite male; who is more like a dog… If I leave the door open it will walk inside the house, go through the sun room, into the kitchen and wait by the fridge until we take out some treats for him, I love that darn thing! :)

I am a part of a Chameleon forum, a Bearded dragon forum, so heck… Why not a tortoise forum! Someday we would like to include them into out breeding projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.