New Green House Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
Thanks. I really hate framing roofs. Im too big and hairy for that kind of thing. but it has to get done. I cant wait till its done. The rain forest dwellers are still outside in their outdoor jungle misting system paradise just watching me going......Uh yeah kelly when are you going to feed us again?......BTW kelly. make sure my pen has lots those banana tree plants. yeah I like those. And then they all start looking at me when im up on the ladder nail gunning away, making requests for their new living arrangements. I just keep telling them dont worry guys, Its almost banana time and it will be awesome. They dont listen. :D Sorry Im kinda crazy tortoise man and talk to them, and think they talk to me too.

MovieActor

5 Year Member
I can this is going to be fantastic! I can't wait to see it finished!

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Oh, and yes, your tortoises are definitely talking to you! Mine do too. If you really listen....;)

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
WOW everything looks fantastic, I just have one question,,,,,,,, Do you ever sleep:D

Weldd

10 Year Member!
This looks GREAT and makes me think that I definitely need a new building(s) too!

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
bigred said:
WOW everything looks fantastic, I just have one question,,,,,,,, Do you ever sleep:D

:D yeah I try to. Usually im very sore anyways. But luckily work has been super forgiving and I have been able to leave early almost every day. I wish the sun wasnt going down earlier though.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
More progress. The wiring is all in and ready for power. The roof gets put on next week. And i started siding and set all the windows except one I was tired. :D

As well as an overall photo of the sanctuary.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Looks really good. One question though. You said you were a guy in the name thread, but I see a woman's reflection in the window, hmmm:p:D. Ha, ha,
Mom maybe?

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
More progress. It has a 26 gauge metal roof. I finally finished siding it and trim around doors and windows. insulation is in, electrical is hot, some pens are kinda in, Im still pondering on some of the placement but they got put in their during a cold front last week, and all seem to love it. I watered the pens down this morning, and checked the humidity 6 hours after watering the ground in there. 97% humidity. MY GOD MAN, its like a jungle. Sheetrockers come tomorrow to sheetrock it, and then I have to put the plastic walls up and dress it all up ready for winter animal housing. Im pretty proud of myself. I did all the work from dirt to now. The only thing I didnt do is going to be sheetrock, I hate sheetrock, it makes a mess.

Attachments

• IMG_20120927_185530.jpg
    IMG_20120927_185530.jpg
    570.4 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_20120927_185835.jpg
    IMG_20120927_185835.jpg
    356.4 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_20120927_185854.jpg
    IMG_20120927_185854.jpg
    364.8 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_20120927_190051.jpg
    IMG_20120927_190051.jpg
    326.1 KB · Views: 74

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Thanks greg. The aldabra building is very close to being finished too. Few more weeks and its all ready for an aldabra to take ownership of its own paradise. I will get some photos up hopefully tomorrow of that enclosure.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
HAHA. Me too. I just rented my house to a young married couple. So thats frees up faster progress on the asian greenhouse and Galapagos exhibit, then after those are up next spring or so. I can FINALLLLLLLY start to build the african house which I think will take me at least a year. Im going to go full on hardcore on that one, and hopefully find some rare species to work with from south africa. The new plan of my organization is all coming together. It will look great by monday, full of plants and ready for use. Well I have to paint the outside of course.

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
All of those projects sound really awesome but the South Africa one really has my attention. So many species that really arent represented in captivity at all, I would start that one right now lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.