New girl Zia

LRZtorts

5 Year Member
We adopted Zia about a month ago from a member on here and she is doing great! She has warmed right up to us and comes out of hiding as soon as she hears me walking out to her pen. She is eating healthy and seems to be enjoying spending her days outside. Thanks again @Zia Girl for letting us provide her a home! IMG_0897.JPGIMG_0896.JPG

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
You have been a member long enough to have heard this, but a little reminder won't hurt. Tortoises don't do good in pairs, specially Russians as they can be very scrappy. They should be housed separate or in a group of 1 male to multiple females and with lots of room to roam and hide.

LRZtorts

5 Year Member
I don't have them houses in pairs. I have 1 male 4 females, but separations in enclosure to split them all up. I had her with the male during feeding so I could do some clean up on her enclosure. I watch them carefully and often to prevent fighting.

During breeding season I watch very closely o make sure the male doesn't bother them too much, if he starts getting aggressive he gets moves immediately.