New Flavomarginata addition

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
So FL
1842b56e5368f7c8bf4a9203fa9bab0c_zpsdfcf9cc2.jpg

They were a little shy at first but after I added a few worms they were very bold!!!

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
So FL
I will set them up in a slightly more aquatic tub in the next day or so.

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
Congrats on increasing your flavo group! Very beautiful. I'm super jealous like always :(

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
So FL
Thanks Alma!
You could slip a few of these guys in and nobody would know!

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
Thanks Alma!
You could slip a few of these guys in and nobody would know!

Man, Charlie! Don't tease me. You know.. the other day I was raking leaves out back and I freaked out thinking that one leaf was an ebt baby. I'm telling you, I'm going crazy over something I can't have. Would you be a wonderful soul that I know you to be and gift me one? :p

charlie,
I have some hatchlings and some young ones I am growing up. I am keeping them,but I do have some friends in the Tampa-Bay area that have hatched some this year and I can contact them if you want me to. I think some might be vendors at the Repticon show in Tampa this Saturday November 8 TH.
I am interested in the hatchlings, do you still have some?

Turtlepete

South Florida
Gorgeous little guy. I love this species so much. I just moved my "little guys" to a terrestrial setup, finally. The biggest is 160 grams. Almost 8x the size it was back in november Not so little anymore! ;) They grow so fast.

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
So FL
They do grow fast. Mine are all outdoors now. I've still kept the smaller one separate. Wonder how old they have to be before you can tell if they're male or female??

Turtlepete

South Florida
They do grow fast. Mine are all outdoors now. I've still kept the smaller one separate. Wonder how old they have to be before you can tell if they're male or female??

Awesome. What kind of setup do you have them in?

No idea as far as sex, I don't have any prior experience to judge from. I'm still trying to figure out when they will be breeding age. All of mine are TSD-sexed, so I am fairly sure on their gender.

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
So FL
@Turtlepete
Three are in a 3x5 and the smaller one in a 2x2 partially covered enclosure. The hinged top is framed with hardware cloth and the entire bottom on both is hardware cloth. Totally predator proof. The substate is pretty deep and the can dig way down or hide in the covered part. They do hang out in the direct sunshine.

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread...turtle-outdoor-enclosures.100124/#post-956226

This is an older post. They are in the two smaller ones. The three cherries are in the big one.

Turtlepete

South Florida
Nice. Mine definitely need to go outside. Going to move them out as soon as I have the space freed up. 4x2 is getting too small. Interesting that they bask. Mine are pretty skittish in direct light.

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
So FL
I usually put a big palm frond over the top of each to block some of the direct sunlight now that ts so strong. They like the cover and are more active and wander over and sit in the sun. If I remove the palm frond they go hide.

Number1Platypus

Massachusetts
I just made my guy a new set up. 2 floors lol he loves it. I wish I could get him an outdoor house but I can't where I live right now

Attachments

• 1427772082989.jpg
    1427772082989.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 26

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
So FL
This guy is the youngest one. He's grown quite a bit.