New enclosure tortoise

Dave Dela Rosa

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San jose California
Hey any ideas on how I can put stairs leading from the bottom to the top. Kind of like this? Thinking of the stairs to be like this so it wont be to steep

Attachments

• IMG_4221.JPG
    IMG_4221.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_4222.JPG
    IMG_4222.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4225.JPG
    IMG_4225.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_4168.PNG
    IMG_4168.PNG
    1.9 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_4170.PNG
    IMG_4170.PNG
    3.2 MB · Views: 43

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
You need a ramp, not stairs. A ramp with sides and little strips of wood on it for gripping so the tort can get up it. Not too big of a angle either.

Dave Dela Rosa

5 Year Member
San jose California
IMG_4221.JPG IMG_4227.JPG IMG_4228.JPG
You need a ramp, not stairs. A ramp with sides and little strips of wood on it for gripping so the tort can get up it. Not too big of a angle either.
Yeah thats what I mean, do you have any suggestions on how to make a ramp? And how i can angle it and how i would stick it up from the hole? Its my very first wood project so it came out ok haha

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I'm not sure how your doing this. Are you putting substrate inside upto the level of the hole? Otherwise you would need a ramp inside and out if I'm looking at the pic right.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I know how to build them, I have done a few. I have no idea how to explain it so you would understand.
Search on the Internet "how to build small ramp" or even "how to build tortoise ramp". I'm sure lots of ideas will pop up with instructions and pictures.

Dave Dela Rosa

5 Year Member
San jose California
I know how to build them, I have done a few. I have no idea how to explain it so you would understand.
Search on the Internet "how to build small ramp" or even "how to build tortoise ramp". I'm sure lots of ideas will pop up with instructions and pictures.

Hey thank you for the response! But i was thinking of doing it two levels high enough substrate so it wouldnt be too steep for my tortoise. Something like that, this was an old post i saw for sale and it shows them connecting it together

Attachments

• IMG_4166.PNG
    IMG_4166.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 20