Never used Mazuri before.. info??

MelissaNicole

Location (City and/or State)
Eastern Pennsylvania
So I'm looking to improve variety in all of my turtles/tortoises diet. I have never used Mazuri before and am looking for some input. I have a 10mo. Old sulcata, a 7yr old russian, and a 10+ yr. Old eastern box turtle. So, I'm wondering can I feed them all the same type/size? And how much/ how often? Basically anything I need to know :D
Would love some info thanks!

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
So I'm looking to improve variety in all of my turtles/tortoises diet. I have never used Mazuri before and am looking for some input. I have a 10mo. Old sulcata, a 7yr old russian, and a 10+ yr. Old eastern box turtle. So, I'm wondering can I feed them all the same type/size? And how much/ how often? Basically anything I need to know :D
Would love some info thanks!
I don't have a sulcata but my box turtles and Russians and leopards eat the same and love it !

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yes they all can eat it. Best just a couple times a week and depending on their size, sulcata will eat more, put some in water, let it expand and then feed. I like to put enough water that most is soaked up. Then put it over their other food, extra water and all. This way you don't lose any of the good stuff that stayed in the water.

MelissaNicole

Eastern Pennsylvania
Awesome. Does anyone find it best to order straight from their site? I don't have any feed stores near me as I've seen some get it from their

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
I have seen some free shipping offers from the website, but also found it for about the same price at a local feed store. Some forum members also sell it in smaller quantities for a reasonable price. I feed mine about twice a week, usually a good amount like a small pile for my adult leopards and they eat it all. I soak it in a cup of warm water for a minute or so, then drain the water which leaves the moistened pieces. It is great stuff, must taste like candy to torts because they will smell it and come running.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I use it once or twice a week for most tortoises. I only use enough water to soak into the pellets. I want the pellets mushy, but no extra water.