Need tortoise paradise for my sweet Leopard Tort

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat28209

5 Year Member
I have a six-year old female leopard tortoise named Petunia. I love her and have tried to take good care of her, but due to a divorce, I lost my home and now I am losing my rental house (Petunia's yard) as well. I have to move into an apartment. It has a deck but I want her to be taken in by someone who will provide her the proper lighting, diet, enclosures, humidity and freedom to roam outside. :tort:

She has some pyramiding because the humidity issue was unknown to me when I got her as a hatchling. She is outside when the weather allows but it has gotten harder to provide the right enclosure inside. I feed her Mazuri plus greens, and grass that I grow for her. I supplement with calcium. She loves carrots, sweet potatoes, cukes, lettuce, strawberries and cantalope. And petunias. :p And she loves it in my shower.

I live in NC. Does anyone know of a good home for her? I hate to part with her but I want the best home for her.:(

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
*hugs* What a hard thing for you to have to do. :( I am sure you will have lots of offers on her.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
So sorry to hear this happen. Do you think in the future you would wish her returned to you once you have found a place? I can foster or keep her for yah.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Sorry to hear this. tortadise can provide a tortoises dream home for your Petunia. I would jump at his offer if I were in your situation. Good luck.

pennyw

5 Year Member
north carolina
Pat28209 said:
I have a six-year old female leopard tortoise named Petunia. I love her and have tried to take good care of her, but due to a divorce, I lost my home and now I am losing my rental house (Petunia's yard) as well. I have to move into an apartment. It has a deck but I want her to be taken in by someone who will provide her the proper lighting, diet, enclosures, humidity and freedom to roam outside. :tort:

She has some pyramiding because the humidity issue was unknown to me when I got her as a hatchling. She is outside when the weather allows but it has gotten harder to provide the right enclosure inside. I feed her Mazuri plus greens, and grass that I grow for her. I supplement with calcium. She loves carrots, sweet potatoes, cukes, lettuce, strawberries and cantalope. And petunias. :p And she loves it in my shower.

I live in NC. Does anyone know of a good home for her? I hate to part with her but I want the best home for her.:(

Hi ,
I also live in nc on the outer banks. ( coast) I have 1 slider2 golden Greeks adults and 3 yearling babies . I would gladly welcome petunia into our family.
My #252.216.7998 my name is penny if interested!

Ripkabird98

5 Year Member
I would love to take her if you would ship!

I am PMing my Cell number now! I've wanted a leopard really bad for a while. I can give her a slice of heaven! :D

Greenhopster

5 Year Member
Hi, Sorry to hear you must part with your tort. I live in Greenville SC and have and indoor tort compound that measures 14 X 8 and and 800 squared foot outdoor compound for the summer time. I have 3 adult Leopard torts. My big female is named Rosie and is 22lbs. The male and other female are smaller. If you would like I can send you pictures of the enclosures. My torts get the best care. And so would Petunia. Good Luck, Jim 864-420-1120

Greenhopster

5 Year Member
Pat28209 said:

Greenhopster

5 Year Member
Pat28209 said:

Greenhopster

5 Year Member
Hi, Not sure if my first reply went to the right place. I live in Greenville Sc and love Leopard torts. I have 3, one is a 22lb female, one is a 12 lb male, and one is a 6lb female. In the winter I have an indoor 14 X 8 foot enclosure and in the summer a 800 square foot tort playground. They get the best care, because I think of them as my kids. If you would like pictures of the torts and enclosures let me know. Petunia would be very welcome. Jim 864-420-1120

c.d.w.

5 Year Member
Pat28209 said:

Hi there sorry to about your bad luck it happens though.ihave 6redfoots and one leopard would be happy to take yours be willing to pay shipping for her

Greenhopster

5 Year Member
Hi Pat, Just wanted to add that I would be willing to drive up from Greenville,SC to adopt Petunia. Jim 864-420-1120

fiveash

5 Year Member
I live in georgia amd have a great outdoor enclosure 60x12

Sent from my SPH-L900 using TortForum mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.