Need to know if my tortoise is okay

Cynthia Mackey

I bought a Sulcata two days ago, and she seems to be pretty active. But now she is laying with her legs sprawled out and acts likes she wants to move during her sleep. She also seems to kind of hiccup? I'm not sure. I am a first time owner, and i just hope shes okay.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California

Cynthia Mackey

Yes I am. She wakes up, and moves a little. So I'm just scared I'm doing something wrong. And okay thank you.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Yes I am. She wakes up, and moves a little. So I'm just scared I'm doing something wrong. And okay thank you.

Read those threads to make sure you are providing the correct environment. Most people don't care for these guys the right way and give bad advice.

If you want us to go over everything with you tell us how you are heating and lighting, what are your four temps, what are you doing for UV, what substrate are you using, etc… There are some commonly seen errors that we can help you avoid. Babies have a small margin of error, so its important to get all this stuff right ASAP.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I often refer to it as the death pose because they look like they're dead but they're just very very relaxed. As long as you temperatures are okay I don't see anything to worry about.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I often refer to it as the death pose because they look like they're dead but they're just very very relaxed. As long as you temperatures are okay I don't see anything to worry about.
We call it Joe's "splat position" :D

He's so relaxed that he spreads himself out flat as if he's fallen from a height and gone splat on the floor.

Completely normal laid-back tort behaviour :)