need help identifying and nursing 2 baby sulcatas

Mrlinder151

hi there everybody i just joined i live in central California and I just acquired/rescued what I think are baby sulcata tortoises,im not 100% sure...any who I want to rehabiltate or give them the attention they deserve. both are small the larger is about 3 inches and maybe 6 oz and the other is considerably smaller. the person I got them from says they have not gotten any love since theyve had them and I was told they had a dry start to life. i just want to help them become healthy if they arent. they are responsive and thier shells dont seem to be in too bad of shape...

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Welcome
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1488231514.883860.jpg
It's hard for us to help you identify your torts without pics . So can you post pics of the torts and their enclosures ?

PJay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
Welcome to the forum! Look forward to seeing your pics.

Mrlinder151

thanks guys the pics are coming as fare as the enclosure goes remember i only got them lastnight

Mrlinder151

There we go. The smaller one is a lil darker but im pretty sure they are the same species

Mrlinder151

Gopherus species are pretty distinct from sulcata - the presence of the nuchal scute is a big giveaway.
so you are certain they are not sulcatas? Im not trying to keep them if im not supposed to I just want them to live. what do you suggest I do with them?