Need Advice: Info for Tortoise Babysitter

Eggtort

Location (City and/or State)
United States
Hi everyone,

I'm going out of town for two weeks starting the 20th. I have hired a babysitter for my Russian tort. I plan on leaving spares of everything- bedding, lighting, etc. and providing a pre-paid visa for groceries. I have typed up a 'care guide' including feeding schedules, soaking schedules, vet contact information, etc. However, I am wondering if there is anything else that I should make sure to include? This person has lots of experience with pets, and some reptiles, but this is their first time taking care of a tort.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
will said babysitter be living there or visiting to take care of said tortoise. and to answer your question I can't think of anything that I think you're covered everything pretty well

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Make sure you give them your phone number . Check on your tortoise daily . Have the person tell you what they did daily . My mother takes care of my tortoises when the wife and I are out of town . She is more ocd then myself . But I call every day . Because with reptiles things can go south quickly .

Eggtort

United States
Sorry for the slow responses!

Thank you! I will give her account access and also verify that my contact info is correct!