Natural disaster preparedness

KrissyLeigh

Today is my birthday!
Location (City and/or State)
south Texas
So hurricane season is almost upon us again, and I am putting together my emergency / evacuation boxes. I have 2 tortoises, a bearded dragon, turtle, crested gecko, hognose snake, 2 rats, 2 dogs, and a leopard gecko so it's quite a process. Anyway, I have set aside water, pellet food, and carriers. Wondering if I should include any other pet related items in the go box... thoughts?

counting

5 Year Member
Canada
I was just about to say heat packs/hand warmer packs. For your dog and cats(collars), and on the carriers I'd include a cell number and address so that if you get seperated or they end up rescued or in a shelter you can be reunited.

KrissyLeigh

Today is my birthday!
south Texas
Oh, great ideas! Thanks y'all! I'm more worried about them getting overheated than too cold, so I'll pick up some cool packs and hot packs. Not so much the torts, but the crested gecko. I was once stuck in hurricane evacuation route for 10 hours in my car, and that was with things going smoothly! The car can get pretty hot. But good lord willing and the creek don't rise (literally), the precautions will be unnecessary