Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Nice pictures and titles!

Jimb

5 Year Member
Colorado Springs, Co.
How do u get them to eat veggies. I have a 3 yr old box turtle all she wants to eat is bloodworms and crickets.

My Torts have never had bugs of any kind. They've been reared on veggies since hatchlings. :)

Leana

My Torts have never had bugs of any kind. They've been reared on veggies since hatchlings. :)[/QUOTE
Let me explain my little girl Faith appeared one morning on my patio. Behind my home there is a creek that's where she came from. I Put her in the grass so she would walk away but she kept walking towards me so I kept her. That was 8 months ago.
I began giving her veggies but she wouldn't eat them, someone suggested bloodworms and crickets and that's what she eat.
I don't think just a protein diet is good. That's why I want her to eat veggies and fruits but she doesn't.

Jimb

5 Year Member
Colorado Springs, Co.

Understood. :) I got this "Wild turtles are omnivores and in will eat earthworms, snails, grubs, beetles, caterpillars, carrion, grasses, fallen fruit, berries, mushrooms and flowers. They will take a bite of anything that smells edible. This is the diet that is best to follow."
From this link http://boxturtlesite.info/diet.HTML when I googled Box Tortoise (Turtle). You've probably already done the same but that's about all I can provide. Growing up in Kansas I use to keep box turtles a lot ... but since I was a kid, all I ever even tried to feed them was June Bugs and such. They usually wound up either escaping or being let loose.