My turtle was attacked by my cat!

ProcTortuga

My sulcata tortoise was attacked by my brothers cat and i don't know what to do. there was no damage to the sulcata, but he's acting pretty stressed. he is 1 year old and is only about half a pound. should i take him to a vet? or just watch him closely for the next few days? my sulcata enclosure looked like a battleground. there were skid marks everywhere(from the turtle) and there were cat paw marks all around.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
no vet should be needed cats don't hurt tortoises the same way dogs do if there's no scratches there's no problem

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Goodness! Cats have very sharp claws, look over your torts soft parts (head, neck, shoulders, arms, legs and tail. I'd look especially close at the eyes and around mouth. With cats it's not the teeth that worry me. Those paws are very quick and can do lots of damage

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I can say in all my 30 years my cats have never attacked my tortoises before besides showing interests in their heat source inside they don't show any

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
I have 3 cats as well and one of them especially sticks close to the babies and also likes the heat source:) ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1453058023.524164.jpg
Here are my 2 baby boys: Cherryhead- Tucker and Maine Coon- Maxi. I still watch Maxi very closely though. I don't trust those swift paws. They could claw tort's eye out, but maybe that's the mother in my: always anticipatin and trying to prevent the worst scenario

ProcTortuga

Thanks you guys for the feedback. i looked him over and no "damage". he has started acting normally again, and is currently ramming his food bowl.