My tortoises

David Kinney

Location (City and/or State)
Gresham,Oregon
Here are several pic of my tortoises. My largest tortoise is an CDT he weighs about 20 lbs. I have raise him for about 20 years. My baby sullies has grown considerably. I will add new pic as soon as possible.

2013-08-31 16.36.52.jpg 2013-10-06 12.07.29.jpg 2013-10-06 12.14.08.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi David:

I just love it when people join and then right away share pictures of their animals with us. Your desert tortoise is a beauty.

I operate a turtle and tortoise rescue and I have first hand experience in knowing that sulcatas make desert tortoises sick. So, be sure to build a separate yard for your sulcatas when they are big enough to live outside. I have taken in many sick desert tortoises over the years and the story is almost always the same, "I love my tortoise so much that I wanted to get another one. So I got a sulcata. Now my desert tortoise is sick and I can't afford to take him to the vet. Will you take him?"

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
...not to mention...when the sulcatas grow up...they'll likely kill the CDT

Merrick

5 Year Member
South Florida
Awesome torts!! what @Yvonne G means is that sulcatas can pass viruses and bacteria that make CDTs sick so it is best to house them separate.

DawnH

5 Year Member
Southeast Texas
Man oh man! Your biggun is a beauty!! (The little's are pretty precious as well.) ;) Welcome!