My tortoise not eating!!!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Hello Anthony

We need a lot more detail and some photos of your tort and its enclosure would help too

What species of tortoise?
Pictures of the enclosure and lighting
What are the 4 important temperatures - warm side, cool side, directly under the basking lamp, overnight minimum?
What's the humidity?
Do you soak your tortoise? If so, how often and for how long?
Does it have free access to water to drink?
What else do you feed your tortoise.
Where in the world are you? What time of year is it? What's the climate like?

Sorry it's a lot of questions, but we need to know before we can help

Anthony Laietta

Hello Anthony

We need a lot more detail and some photos of your tort and its enclosure would help too

What species of tortoise?
Pictures of the enclosure and lighting
What are the 4 important temperatures - warm side, cool side, directly under the basking lamp, overnight minimum?
What's the humidity?
Do you soak your tortoise? If so, how often and for how long?
Does it have free access to water to drink?
What else do you feed your tortoise.
Where in the world are you? What time of year is it? What's the climate like?

Sorry it's a lot of questions, but we need to know before we can help
How do I upload pic,don't know the species,I soak for 15 min once a week,only eats romaine lettuce

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Anthony

To post a pix, there is a tab just to the right of "Post Reply" that u need to select. Take your pix, come to the forum, get back to this thread, type up your info, before hitting post reply, select "Upload a File". Find the pix u just took, and upload.

This should get u most of the way.....then hit post reply once your photo is uploaded.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Anthony, and welcome to the Forum!

You've asked for our help, but you've tied our hands. It's like you calling up the doctor on the phone and asking him if he can tell you what's wrong with your arm, then hanging up before giving him any more details.

Tell us everything you think we need to know in order to give you good advice.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Hi Anthony and warm welcome from Texas to you and your tort! I second all that's been said above: answer some questions which will tell us more about your tort which will in turn help us help you. Also agree with Tigdy's Dad. Living on romain lettuce alone is not the best thing for any animal. They need varied nutrition from different sources in order to grow those strong robust shells, bones and healthy internal organs so please tell us how you keep your tort substrate, temps, humidity, type of enclosure, try to post pix of him in his enclosure where we can see the wjole thing from a little distance, and few clise ups of your tort sitting next to a ruler or tape measure or some common object for the size reference. If you can, weigh yout tort and let us know his weight. Lastly about yourself. We are all friends here, always happy to meet another Tort Fanatic:) again, welcome!

Last edited:

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Oh and btw I keep the Redfooted species. Have 2 juveniles ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1480793152.136487.jpg the darker shelled one with light color head is my girl Shellie, the marbled one with red head is Tucker- he is a Brazilian Cherryhead, he supposedly was incubated to be a boy. They are only 1.5 yr old, we've had them since they were teeny tiny hatchlings. We LOVE THEM. Does yours look similar to mine? How big is he?

Big Ol Tortoise

pflugerville Tx
Oh and btw I keep the Redfooted species. Have 2 juveniles View attachment 193695 the darker shelled one with light color head is my girl Shellie, the marbled one with red head is Tucker- he is a Brazilian Cherryhead, he supposedly was incubated to be a boy. They are only 1.5 yr old, we've had them since they were teeny tiny hatchlings. We LOVE THEM. Does yours look similar to mine? How big is he?
WOW! Tucker is gorgeous!

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Oh and btw I keep the Redfooted species. Have 2 juveniles View attachment 193695 the darker shelled one with light color head is my girl Shellie, the marbled one with red head is Tucker- he is a Brazilian Cherryhead, he supposedly was incubated to be a boy. They are only 1.5 yr old, we've had them since they were teeny tiny hatchlings. We LOVE THEM. Does yours look similar to mine? How big is he?
Simply cute!

Slow and steady

S.E. Florida
Anthony, good luck with your tort. The members on here want to help, but you need to give to get.
Pearly, your cherryhead is incredible!!