My sulcata tortoises don't want to mate?

Mohamed anwar

I have a couple of sulcata tortoises one male and one female i am sure .they are 17 inches in length and about 15 kg in weight they live in a big enclosure and the weather is good for them it ranges between 34-42C .they eat every day healthy food but they don't want to mate at all is their a problem?!!!
Thanks in advance

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Separate them for a month or so. When you reintroduce them the male should take more of an interest.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If you only have one of each, be sure you do not house them together all the time or your male, when he does take interest in the female, will buy her to illness or death

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I have a couple of sulcata tortoises one male and one female i am sure .they are 17 inches in length and about 15 kg in weight they live in a big enclosure and the weather is good for them it ranges between 34-42C .they eat every day healthy food but they don't want to mate at all is their a problem?!!!
Thanks in advance

Maybe they are not into each other like that.....just because you put a male and a female together does not mean they like each other like "that"....also, what makes you so certain that they are indeed a male and a female? Just curious?