My Russian Tortoises ❤️

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
I have no tortoises! Hoping to get one eventually but just learning what I can for now. I just own two ball pythons.
Those ball pythons are so cute when they're little! :) Them and corn snakes. <3
View attachment 190586 My husband got a piece of Plexi glass cut today to fit over top part of Foxys enclosure and now the humidity is at 86 and it's doing great she loves when the mister comes on sticks her head way out to get rained on. I just love her so much what a beautiful tortoise now I'm a huge red foot fan! ❤️Yes I use a 75 gal glass terrarium I went with glass for her to help with the humidity she does not bump into the glass at all. My Russians do but their in a tortoise table. I will have to upgrade in size I'm hoping it'll last 6months she's 5incches long
That humidity should be awesome for the little redfoot darling. :D I love live plants in the enclosure too. It's something I'd love to add when we extend our Russian's enclosure.
Russians are definitely the way to go. Quite easy to look after (in comparison to others), cute and stay fairly small. As Janelle said, don't get two though. View attachment 190618View attachment 190619View attachment 190620View attachment 190621View attachment 190622

They are just a few of the pictures I have oh my Russian. I've only had her 1-2 months and already I have all of them photos, their personalities are just brilliant, (well I can't speak for them all, I've only had one). Good fun.
Steve, my Russian, kind of fell in my lap but he's such a sweetie-pie! He is my everything! <3 I love his manageable size and personality. :)

Janelle Green

Colorado

That humidity should be awesome for the little redfoot darling. :D I love live plants in the enclosure too. It's something I'd love to add when we extend our Russian's enclosure.

Steve, my Russian, kind of fell in my lap but he's such a sweetie-pie! He is my everything! <3 I love his manageable size and personality. :)
I have a male Russian named Franklin he's my first tortoise and I adore him he's got the best personality he's very nice nice to other tortoises to its awesome. I added some live plants with my Russians and they love them they sleep and hide under them. Home Depot has a sale right now 3/$10 on small plants perfect for enclosures

Marcus Harrison

Manchester, UK
They're the best. Some others I think are cuter and more vibrant but none are as perfectly matched for a pet. They're chilled, funny and manageable. One thing I have leant though, they do need quite a lot of attention, which is fine, but I see why people get rid of them, it is a little hard sometimes.

Janelle Green

Colorado
They're the best. Some others I think are cuter and more vibrant but none are as perfectly matched for a pet. They're chilled, funny and manageable. One thing I have leant though, they do need quite a lot of attention, which is fine, but I see why people get rid of them, it is a little hard sometimes.
Franklin my Russian is the cutest tortoise I have loves his head rubs goes crazy for them. People need to do research before getting one because they are work , it's sad seeing so many on Craigslist not being taken care of right I wis I could adopt them all

Janelle Green

Colorado

No no no snakes are not cute lol I would never own one , my son loves them the bigger the better icky

Janelle Green

Colorado
Might cave in today and grab some tortoise pellets to throw into Foxys food I can't get her to eat much and I'm worried . Hopefully she's eating while she's walking around my garden

Janelle Green

Colorado
My girl Foxy is so happy❤️ her humidity has been staying at 80-83 and temp at 72 degrees. She's been outside every day for 6 days in a row now for 5-8hours at a time it's, been a beautiful fall here in Colorado image.jpeg

Janelle Green

Colorado
image.jpeg I guess I need to rename my thread to My tortoises lol so far we have 4 and always possibility to grow ❤️we just adore Foxy she's my husbands baby

Janelle Green

Colorado
image.jpeg My fall outdoor Russian enclosure and you can see Foxys fall enclosure she's a 2 year old Red Foot 5inches ❤️Franklin male Russian Zoey and Cleo baby Russians and Foxy the Red Foot = 4

Janelle Green

Colorado
image.jpeg Mom I'm soaking in my pool leave me alone ❤️ Franklin my male Russian enjoying the beautiful fall weather outside