My russian tortoise egg

Redmoon

Hello everyone. I saw my russian lay egg this afternoon. This is my first egg. My wife and I are very exiting. But I don't know how should I do for incubate this egg. It is still in my yard, I never moved it(them). Anyone can help me?
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1434171002.387900.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1434171017.599077.jpg

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
Congratulations. That is very exciting. The only advice I can give is when you pick up the egg and put it into the incubator make sure you do not rotate or flip it it at all. Keep it in the exact same position you found it in. I'm sure more experienced people will come along soon.

Redmoon

Thank for your help. I already moved them in the vermiculite, there are 2 eggs. The temperatures is 80, the humidity is 82. Is it ok for the eggs?

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alta Loma, CA
I incubate my eggs at 88-89 degrees with humidity around 70-75%. The incubator temperature fluctuates with the ambient room temperature so I aim for 88 degrees and it sometimes gets up to 89 degrees. I also keep two digital thermometers/hygrometers and the old fashion type thermometer that came with the incubator (which actually seems to be very accurate) in the the container that the eggs are in.

Good luck with your eggs. If they are fertile you should see them start to chalk within the next week.

Redmoon

I incubate my eggs at 88-89 degrees with humidity around 70-75%. The incubator temperature fluctuates with the ambient room temperature so I aim for 88 degrees and it sometimes gets up to 89 degrees. I also keep two digital thermometers/hygrometers and the old fashion type thermometer that came with the incubator (which actually seems to be very accurate) in the the container that the eggs are in.

Good luck with your eggs. If they are fertile you should see them start to chalk within the next week.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1434349865.435451.jpgthanks very much. Is my temperature too low or ok?