My Radiated Tortoise photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortania

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oklahoma
Absolutely gorgeous tort! I love those star burst patterns on the carapace!!

dzi921

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
AWAaviatrix said:
Absolutely beautiful tort! May I ask where you purchased him from?

Misty
5 Sulcata's
3 Leopard's
3 Indian Star's

I purchased it at Malaysia

But without any certificates

T-P

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Coventry, England
Beautiful torotise!
wonder why theyre called Radiated? anyone??

Reminds me of my daisy, he dare not move when people are close to him but when far he moves.

dzi921

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
jurassicparksam640x480nj1.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You've done a lot of work and shopping for your tortoise, and its obvious that you have the tortoise's welfare at heart, so I feel bad "picking" on you, but...

The habitat you've set up isn't nearly big enough. The baby needs a hiding place so it can feel secure. The chips you are using for substrate are too dry and too large.

A tortoise needs lots of exercise to help it grow and not pyramid.

All baby tortoises (even my aldabrans who, at 6 years old are about 50lbs) think of themselves as prey and like to stay hidden most of the time. If it can't hide it will be very stressful for it.

The print on the bag was too small to read, but you shouldn't use pine. Lots of folks here use aspen or coconut husk, or coconut fiber, etc. If you use a substrate that has to stay dry, then you can provide the required moisture by placing a damp sponge on the hiding place.

I know I sound critical, but you're here to learn, right? And how can we learn if we're always patted on the back and told, "Good work!"

Yvonne

dzi921

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
You've done a lot of work and shopping for your tortoise, and its obvious that you have the tortoise's welfare at heart, so I feel bad "picking" on you, but...

The habitat you've set up isn't nearly big enough. The baby needs a hiding place so it can feel secure. The chips you are using for substrate are too dry and too large.

A tortoise needs lots of exercise to help it grow and not pyramid.

All baby tortoises (even my aldabrans who, at 6 years old are about 50lbs) think of themselves as prey and like to stay hidden most of the time. If it can't hide it will be very stressful for it.

The print on the bag was too small to read, but you shouldn't use pine. Lots of folks here use aspen or coconut husk, or coconut fiber, etc. If you use a substrate that has to stay dry, then you can provide the required moisture by placing a damp sponge on the hiding place.

I know I sound critical, but you're here to learn, right? And how can we learn if we're always patted on the back and told, "Good work!"

Yvonne

I appreciate your feedback

Regarding the bedding, it states The natural beechwood bedding granulate with no additives. Hygiene, Dry, Dust-Free. Is it ok? I have bought 5 big packets.

For the enclosure, it is meant to be kept in the living room. I usually leave Sam in the garden during the day. And bring it in the evening

Status
Not open for further replies.