image018hl6.jpg

image019wg6.jpg

image020ed7.jpg

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
Very nice Radiated :D Though I think you'll find in the coming years that you have a male Radiated ;):D

Danny

dzi921

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
egyptiandan said:
Very nice Radiated :D Though I think you'll find in the coming years that you have a male Radiated ;):D

Danny

Haha.. Very true. So that is why I'm thinking to find a unisex name

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Very Beautiful and so round. I love the patterns on their shells it looks like they have exploded with a bunch of little "Starbursts". ;)Congratulations on your new Tort. And Welcome to the forum. I see you are still looking for a unisex name. My vote is Star or Starburst :rolleyes:

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Wow what a beautiful tort! There are not many others that can compare to that pretty shell!

dzi921

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Finally decided it's name

Name: SAM

So if it's a
boy = SAMuel
girl = SAMmy

barbie69

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ohio
That is a BEAUTIFUL tort!!:D[/align]

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
nice radiated!! so, how is she now? is she already eat a lot?

dzi921

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
newbie said:
nice radiated!! so, how is she now? is she already eat a lot?

She is doing fine now. Eating everyday but still very shy. Hardly want to move when there is people around. So in order to see her move, we have to stand very far

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
The little Sulcata I am fostering (for Dee) was shy I put her in the computer room and talk to her daily. Usually with my back to her. I can hear her move but when I looked she would stop. Its been almost 2 months now and she will move when I watch her and sit by her enclosure. Progress is often slow, but its still progress.

dzi921

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Crazy1 said:
The little Sulcata I am fostering (for Dee) was shy I put her in the computer room and talk to her daily. Usually with my back to her. I can hear her move but when I looked she would stop. Its been almost 2 months now and she will move when I watch her and sit by her enclosure. Progress is often slow, but its still progress.

I think mine needs quite some time more from the look at it's progress. It won't move even when it is soaking or when I put it under the sun

The only time it will move when I'm around is feeding time. I have tried holding french beans and it came to me and it ate the whole bean :) After eating, it will stop moving again

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
I went to see a friend of mine about a year ago who has bred Radiata for a few years [ looks like you have his "blood-line ].. you may have heard of him - Bill Zovickian. He had three 3 year olds that I took pics of shortly after I got there. When we went down to their 'room' before I left about 3 hours later they hadn't moved. I asked Bill when they become active and he said when they get to be about.... well let's just say it's going to be awhile - don't expect any real personality for a "few" years.

They sure are purty!!!

Terry

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
He is like a little piece of art!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
dzi921 said:
Finally Sam is eating :) But still not moving :( I have to put the food in front of it. Lazy little tortoise...

image005xx8.jpg

I hope the container you show in the photo is NOT where the tortoise lives!! The need room to walk around. Also you need a large enough container so that you can have one end of it be warmer than the other end. What kind of substrate is that ? You shouldn't use pine. Sam also needs a hiding place. He's still a baby and babies realize that they are prey, so they hide a lot.

I've never seen a radiated tortoise in "real life" and your pictures of Sam are just beautiful! I never realized what a high dome they had. I'll bet they're something to see walking around outside!

Yvonne

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
dzi921, I think I forgot to tell you what a beautiful little tort it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.