My New Baby Sulcata Tortoise!

DaygonWolf

ImageUploadedByTortForum1392047104.808737.jpg The ride home he's very dirty but gets a bath right when we get home other pics are him after bath he's so beautiful and small! ImageUploadedByTortForum1392047194.761853.jpg he was very very shy at first but now comes out immediately when he comes out of his enclosure and walks around all the time he's so cute and is not shy at all anymore ImageUploadedByTortForum1392047295.422635.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1392047335.490544.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1392047353.075421.jpg
My dog of course wanted to say hi but I always have the dog out of my room at all times the turtle is out and have the door locked just incase my brother opens the door! So that's him he was a 17th birthday present he came from Animal Atlanta in Georgia I thought it would be better to get him in person then stressing one out in a package. But I just wanted to share a few pictures of him and there will be some more photos in the future and videos once I figure that out but one last thing he was born from the two store mascots, Snoopy and Genevieve. And I named him Zeus he will grow into his name soon :) so if you guys have any pointers or advice you would want to share that would be great!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Holy cow! Looks like a completely different tortoise. Amazing what a little water will do.

Please read the "Important Threads" at the top of the Sulcata section. You will learn that everything you thought you knew about caring for a baby tortoise was all wrong. We have the latest info for you about hydration and pyramiding.

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
A bath makes 'em shine, but sulcatas are naturally messy. 90% of the time he'll be dirt coated :D

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
He's a cutie pie! [HEAVY BLACK HEART]️