My name is Meg and my tortoise is a horsefield named Isa

meghanrmckay

worried about Isa, as not eating or drinking at all and just wants to bury and hide away from heat or light. been to vet and they say she has respiratory problems. I have researched the best way to house them etc, and followed all advice given , but, she is not getting better. any ideas? thank you

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). What did the vet do for your tort? Any meds or any advice, please share.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello, Meg, and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum to you and Isa.
Temperatures and /or humidity are often the cause of respiratory infections, but you say you have the right set up.
Where are you measuring your temps and what type of thermometer/ hygrometer are you using ?
There must be a reason she is not getting better, we will try to help you find it.

nextep

Did you buy your tort recently? If you did I would gibe your tort rime to adapt. If you have already had Isa for some time and she has been healthy and happy then, have you changed anything so she has started to behave like this??

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Meghan!

ILoveTorts&Gerbils

Hi Megan. I'm by no means an expert but the more experienced members here will be able to help if you provide more information. How old is your tortoise? How long have you had her? Temperature? Humidity? Habitat? Diet? How is she now?