My name is Barbie. I have a tortoise names Shelby.

BarbieP

Location (City and/or State)
Maine, USA
Hi All! We just got a Greek tortoise that we have named Shelby. I have 4 kids at home and they are fascinated watching Shelby. Even my dogs are fascinated with it.

Merrick

5 Year Member
South Florida
Welcome to the forum. If you could post pics of your tort
We love pics on this forum[emoji2]

immiexxo

UK
Welcome to the forum, I again will reiterate the part about keeping your dog's away from the tort unless there is 1000000% supervision.
My dog seemed to be the best of friends with my little tortoise however after being left for about three minutes I found my nans dog scratching at and trying to bite my tortoise. My dog has never bitten or been violent to anyone or anything however it's their instinct to attack regardless of how well behaved they usually are x

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
Hi and welcome from the desert !
m0754.gif

BarbieP

Maine, USA
Welcome to the forum, I again will reiterate the part about keeping your dog's away from the tort unless there is 1000000% supervision.
My dog seemed to be the best of friends with my little tortoise however after being left for about three minutes I found my nans dog scratching at and trying to bite my tortoise. My dog has never bitten or been violent to anyone or anything however it's their instinct to attack regardless of how well behaved they usually are x
Thanks I will keep that in mind. I haven't introduced Shelvy to the dogs other then through the tank glass as of yet. My golden is very curious and will sit and watch her for long periods of time.

BarbieP

Maine, USA
Welcome to the forum. If you could post pics of your tort
We love pics on this forum[emoji2]
I will do my best to figure out the picture thing. Might take me a bit since I always seem to have more help from my kids then needed. :)

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
Even a dog with a soft mouth can inadvertently hurt a tortoise.

Welcome. Have you read the care sheet? Pet stores give terrible advice so they can sell stuff. Some of it is useless, and some outright dangerous. Better to sort that out sooner rather than later.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Barbie!

BarbieP

Maine, USA
Even a dog with a soft mouth can inadvertently hurt a tortoise.

Welcome. Have you read the care sheet? Pet stores give terrible advice so they can sell stuff. Some of it is useless, and some outright dangerous. Better to sort that out sooner rather than later.
I am not letting my dogs near Shelby other then looking at her through the glass. :) I love my dogs but don't want them thinking Shelby is a play toy. I have been reading a lot of things that have been very helpful as well as the opposite of what they told me at the store. I am in the process of changing a lot of things around.

BarbieP

Maine, USA
Here are a couple pictures of my Shelby. Don't know if Shelby is a guy or girl. But we are having fun watching all the antics its seems to get into.

Attachments

• Shelby2.jpg
    Shelby2.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 16
  • Shelby 1.jpg
    Shelby 1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16