My male redfoot has 2 large groweths on his neck

E dahl

Location (City and/or State)
Midwest
My redfoot Aboo he is a 7 year old male i have been his mom for 6 years I noticed 2 small growths on left side of his neck on ssturday (12/17) last night i looked him over and those 2 growths have grown really fast, boo has always been healthy and loved he has always been very sweet he has a good disposition and very social to his brothers and females, i am taking him to our vet this morning i am so worried, we have a large indoor enclosure (in our bedroom)
I have several rescues a male cherry head 16 inches Siruis Black, female cherry head 12 inches bellatrex lastrange, Aboo redfoot 10 inches, female redfoot jazzie 11 inches,
Golden Yellowfoot lily pad 4 years old 8 inches, a box turtle Shelly older 30 years, a wood turtle poccahanas
7 inches, 8 years old, Aboo and lily are from petco, all od my other kids are rescues from lakes or the woods around the lake all of my kids live in a large 8 foot x 4 foot x 4 foot, together for over 5 years, they all get along (i have a dash cam) because of size differences, they all live in this community and get along,
This has been a hard year having rescues you do not know what they have been feed or taken care of.
We love them all they have their own needs meet my turtles where raised
Not knowing to hybernate, more later.
My baby Aboo is getting ready to go too our vet hopefully this is not serious we love our four legged children

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
So sorry to hear this. Please post a picture of the neck area so we can see what you're talking about.

In the mean time - Welcome to the Forum!

E dahl

Midwest
Hi my little man aboo as an ear infection and is on antibiotics for 4 week we will be keeping a extra good watch as the vet and me are worried about it abcesssing he is home back in his community of friends and when i put him back in everyone gathered around him and made sure he was ok i will post picture later today thank you for your well wishes

E dahl

Midwest
My redfoot Aboo he is a 7 year old male i have been his mom for 6 years I noticed 2 small growths on left side of his neck on ssturday (12/17) last night i looked him over and those 2 growths have grown really fast, boo has always been healthy and loved he has always been very sweet he has a good disposition and very social to his brothers and females, i am taking him to our vet this morning i am so worried, we have a large indoor enclosure (in our bedroom)
I have several rescues a male cherry head 16 inches Siruis Black, female cherry head 12 inches bellatrex lastrange, Aboo redfoot 10 inches, female redfoot jazzie 11 inches,
Golden Yellowfoot lily pad 4 years old 8 inches, a box turtle Shelly older 30 years, a wood turtle poccahanas
7 inches, 8 years old, Aboo and lily are from petco, all od my other kids are rescues from lakes or the woods around the lake all of my kids live in a large 8 foot x 4 foot x 4 foot, together for over 5 years, they all get along (i have a dash cam) because of size differences, they all live in this community and get along,
This has been a hard year having rescues you do not know what they have been feed or taken care of.
We love them all they have their own needs meet my turtles where raised
Not knowing to hybernate, more later.
My baby Aboo is getting ready to go too our vet hopefully this is not serious we love our four legged children
1482269908891.jpg1482269908891.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That looks too far forward to be an ear abscess. Hopefully the antibiotics will do the trick, but for ear abscesses, they have to be lanced.

E dahl

Midwest
I thought so too but they are right under the ear my vet said if it not lot better friday he will drain
IMPORTANT MY SWEET ABOO IS FIGHTING ME OVER TAKING MEDS
HE HAS NEVER BEEN SICK BEFORE, SO I AM JUST NOT SURE HOW TO GET IT IN HIM ANY ADVISE WOULD BE APPRICATED
THANK YOU

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
What sort of meds are you providing? (Pills, powder, injections, liquid, etc?)

E dahl

Midwest
Liquid i have a tiny syringe
He is rather stubborn
He will eat food sometimes but i am sure
It hurts thanks

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Maybe try hiding it in a small bit of banana or other soft food that he likes.

Another trick for opening a mouth is to pry with the edge of a credit card and shoot it in.

If he eats some of the food and doesn't finish it don't re-dose, wait for the next dosage time.

E dahl

Midwest
Hi my little man had his abcessed drainedon friday and he came home same day st 6 pm i watched him allnight and while he is tired he responded to touch,
Saturday he has been awake some he took his antibiotic and water by synridge
He has been offered food he has not eaten anything he did soak today
and did enjoy that, tuesday when i first saw the swelling he weighed 3lbs 4oz
Friday he weighed 3lbs 2oz
Doesnt seem like much but my vet
agreed, i want to get some food in him i have strawberry/banana applesauce
Fruit is his favorite i know he is sore but i still think he should eat. Any suggestions are greatly appricated

E dahl

Midwest
Also we got a new enclosure a big glass
One, up off the floor.we where taking apart the old one, my daughter was taking out screws and look next to her and a spider was sitting the a big brown recluse
She killed it, however i believe that is why my baby had this abcess, i have always changed the substrate out completely once every month and checked daily for old food, pooh and corners (urine) and it was a big enough i got in and played, talk to and let them explore me my feet hands
I have one that loves my toes. We take special measures to protect from creepy crawlers, specisl spray around everything
We had a special extermenator here today and sprayed and put out hedge apples (no where the tortoises can get to)