My lizards

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbean7916

5 Year Member
This is our female beardie, Snookie (because she's chunky and orange)

IMAG0197.jpg

IMAG0194.jpg

IMAG0179.jpg

This is our dinosaur (nile monitor) Superman

IMAG0270.jpg

IMAG0287.jpg

IMAG0362.jpg

IMAG0384.jpg

aW1hZ2VqcGVnXzIuanBn.jpg

I'm going to work on getting pics of all my guys and gals up in the next couple days!!

jbean7916

5 Year Member
The nile can get up to 6 feet but probably won't. He's a little over 4 years old and is stunted from not so great care. He just wasn't fed correctly but since he's been with us he has been in a constant state of shed because he's growing so much!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Holly:

I'll give you a little hint on taking pictures with a flash in the mirror. Stand off to one side, not directly in front of the mirror. That way the flash shines back directly in front, and not into the camera.

jbean7916

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Hi Holly:

I'll give you a little hint on taking pictures with a flash in the mirror. Stand off to one side, not directly in front of the mirror. That way the flash shines back directly in front, and not into the camera.

Thanks Yvonne, but the point was to see him and NOT see my face

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
Snookie is pretty! She is chunky just like Yaddle, lol. How old is she?

Superman is so neat looking. I would love a monitor but we don't have the room :( They look like great pets.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Very beautiful color beardie....the feet look as though they are emitting heat from the inside out....such an intense color....and the monitor is very handsome..... I rescued a three legged monitor years ago...I had to feed it via tube, rub its belly and move its legs to make motion to aid in the poopy...then one day he suddenly felt good and turned and bit me and after hanging from my finger (mouth attached to finger) I decided he must be well enough to find a new home...which is what he found...a friend with other monitors loved him/her...named her Alice....so funny.

jbean7916

5 Year Member
drgnfly2265 said:
Snookie is pretty! She is chunky just like Yaddle, lol. How old is she?

Superman is so neat looking. I would love a monitor but we don't have the room :( They look like great pets.

She's about 5 years old or so. We've only had her for almost a year.

As far as the monitors go... NOT great pets. They are really testy, almost bi-polar and very unpredictable. You can only handle them on THEIR terms. There have been times where we can't change Superman's water when he needs it because he refuses to get out of it!!!

Don't get me wrong, I love him to death, but I wouldn't recommend getting one unless you have the patience to deal with that and the means to feed his chunky butt!!

jbean7916

5 Year Member
ascott said:
Very beautiful color beardie....the feet look as though they are emitting heat from the inside out....such an intense color....and the monitor is very handsome..... I rescued a three legged monitor years ago...I had to feed it via tube, rub its belly and move its legs to make motion to aid in the poopy...then one day he suddenly felt good and turned and bit me and after hanging from my finger (mouth attached to finger) I decided he must be well enough to find a new home...which is what he found...a friend with other monitors loved him/her...named her Alice....so funny.

Thanks! She is the brightest beardie I've ever seen. I need to take some pics of her in her "yellow phase" she changes color so much sometimes I think she thinks she's a chameleon!!

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
I have heard that the monitors are like that. I would love a challenge like that and it's a good thing that I have the patience for that, lol. Plus we don't have any kids so most of my attention go to my pets ;) If not a monitor like that I have been reading up on the black and white argentines. They seem like an interesting reptile too.

jbean7916

5 Year Member
drgnfly2265 said:
I have heard that the monitors are like that. I would love a challenge like that and it's a good thing that I have the patience for that, lol. Plus we don't have any kids so most of my attention go to my pets ;) If not a monitor like that I have been reading up on the black and white argentines. They seem like an interesting reptile too.

Tegus are awesome as well!! They are more heavy bodied and can be calmer if you work with them a lot. I'll have to post pics of the enclosure we are building for Superman in the garage. He's officially a $1200 lizard now :p

Tiger Cowboy

5 Year Member
Birmingham, AL
If you like the monitor shape in a small package the ackie monitors are fantastic! I have a red and it's both beautiful and fascinating to watch. I'd like a group someday as they can apparently be very social.

If I wanted a big lizard though a tegu would be my choice! They are supposed to be very bright and seek out attention.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Pics please Tiger. I have researched and considered the Ackies for a while, but have not taken the leap.

Some monitors are great and some I have no interest in. Right now I have a great big Blackthroat and an Argentine B/W Tegu. I love both of them very much. I've raised several waters. All but one were great. Had a dumeril's once. Really cool species.

blafiriravt

5 Year Member
Vermont
monitors are super pretty lizards. Although I couldn't keep one myself, I always enjoy looking at pics and hearing other people's stories about em. Thanks for sharing :D

Status
Not open for further replies.