My little Red Footed's toenail

Joy S

Hi all!
First, I just want to say thank you! I have gotten so much wonderful info from this website and the users on it. This afternoon I did the usual soak and feeding for my Red Footed Tortoise and I noticed that one of her toenails looks a bit odd. It's not broken or bleeding, and she seems to walk on it just fine, but it looks a little different than the rest (whiteish in color). I'm assuming it's just a little wear and tear and will heal itself naturally but I figured I would post about it to get other people's opinions just in case. I've included a pic. Let me know what you think! Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_0190.PNG
    IMG_0190.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 46

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I'd guess that it's a stain or a deposit from something he/she stepped in or on.
It looks otherwise like a healthy little foot.
Keep an eye on it for a while and note any changes.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jamaica
Hi all!
First, I just want to say thank you! I have gotten so much wonderful info from this website and the users on it. This afternoon I did the usual soak and feeding for my Red Footed Tortoise and I noticed that one of her toenails looks a bit odd. It's not broken or bleeding, and she seems to walk on it just fine, but it looks a little different than the rest (whiteish in color). I'm assuming it's just a little wear and tear and will heal itself naturally but I figured I would post about it to get other people's opinions just in case. I've included a pic. Let me know what you think! Thank you!
If she is getting the right diet and enough calcium, then I would not worry, just watch it and see how it goes.