My leopard tourtise

Rosie smith

hi I am new hear plz can some one help me I have a year old leopard tourtise he wakes up eats in the morning and then he goes to the back of he's box I have 100w heat bulb is this normal for them to sleep a lot thanks

bryson white

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
hi I am new hear plz can some one help me I have a year old leopard tourtise he wakes up eats in the morning and then he goes to the back of he's box I have 100w heat bulb is this normal for them to sleep a lot thanks
It's pretty normal for them to sleep a lot but not all the whole day . Do you think he is sick? Do you take him outside? What is he eating?

Rosie smith

Hi yes he goes out side for a bout an hour and a haif in the day and he's qiet active but as soon as I take him back to he's box he goes back to the back off the box he eats hay daneliens some times sweet mix salad

SarahChelonoidis

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
What temperature is it in his enclosure? Sometimes inactivity can be an indication your temperatures are off.

SarahChelonoidis

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
That's a little low for a basking temperature- is there a spot that is up around 95-100F? How do you provide night heat? How cold does it get overnight?

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
You wanted a 80 at night. No part of this enclosure should be less than 80. But he should be able to get out of the Heat during the day. So part of his enclosure should be 80 during the day.