My Leo is Prego! X-ray!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
Good your there to save all the eggs since she didn't dig a nest...

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Can the cracked ones be saved or were they to badly cracked? I have seen a couple post where eggs with cracks were incubated and eventually hatched...

Tortuga_terrestre

10 Year Member!
Southern California
dalano73 said:
Can the cracked ones be saved or were they to badly cracked? I have seen a couple post where eggs with cracks were incubated and eventually hatched...

No saving... she smashed them..
IMG_2432.jpg

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Okay that's worse than I was picturing in my mind, 15 is still a good number...

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Nice 15 laid, not bad. Congratulations.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Tortuga_terrestre said:
SHE STARTED LAYING!!!!!!!! 2 CRACKED AND FOUR LAYED! SHE IS LAYING ON TOP INSTEAD OF DIGGING

That's because of the drug. It relaxes the muscles and makes the eggs come out.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
ULTRA COOL! ! ! !! .... congrads too! ..... Thank you so much for the post and awesome photos .... I love to see " the real deal " ... ;)

JD~:)

Tortuga_terrestre

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I will post pictures of the eggs soon...Im very excited. Im also glad the eggs are out of her . I spoke to the past owner and he explained that she will lay 3 clutches a year! is that possible? And she was indeed imported from south africa and will provide paperwork. Whoa! thats a first. Ill keep you guys updated.

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Southeast Texas
emysemys said:
Tortuga_terrestre said:
SHE STARTED LAYING!!!!!!!! 2 CRACKED AND FOUR LAYED! SHE IS LAYING ON TOP INSTEAD OF DIGGING

Please pardon me stepping in Yvonne, don't want to step on your toes, but.... Oxytocin does not cause muscle relaxation, actually quite the opposite, it causes very active muscle contractions to help expel the fetus (eggs in this case) during parturition. That's why I initially was asking questions on this thread, because if given at the wrong time it can cause premature parturition. Doc

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
exoticsdr said:
emysemys said:
Tortuga_terrestre said:

Please pardon me stepping in Yvonne, don't want to step on your toes, but.... Oxytocin does not cause muscle relaxation, actually quite the opposite, it causes very active muscle contractions to help expel the fetus (eggs in this case) during parturition. That's why I initially was asking questions on this thread, because if given at the wrong time it can cause premature parturition. Doc

Yea Doc! .... glad ya stepped ..never know when ya correct a Mod
( wink) ;)
Like the Doc said ~Oxytocin is a man-made form of a natural hormone. It works by causing the uterus to contract. It is used to increase the strength of contractions of the uterus.
In human medicine it is also used to clear the uterus after an incomplete abortion or miscarriage.

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Ummmm. JD I am going to have to jump in here. We already established that tortoises don't have a uterus. So the contractions are happening in some other organ..

N2TORTS said:
exoticsdr said:
emysemys said:
Tortuga_terrestre said:

Yea Doc! .... glad ya stepped ..never know when ya correct a Mod
( wink) ;)
Like the Doc said ~Oxytocin is a man-made form of a natural hormone. It works by causing the uterus to contract. It is used to increase the strength of contractions of the uterus.
In human medicine it is also used to clear the uterus after an incomplete abortion or miscarriage.

Status
Not open for further replies.