My baby leopards have developed patches on their necks

Ramsey

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego California
Hi,

I posted a similar question a while ago in the species section. First it was just one of my babies, now it's another.

There are patches of skin on each side of the necks that are turning lighter than the rest of the body. All my temps and humidity are solid and they soaked daily.

Perhaps it's normal? No idea. Not sure if it's skin peeling. I want to be sure it's nothing wrong. I read once that it could be a vitamin A deficiency? Not sure.

Any input on the matter is appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20170426_191330.jpg
    IMG_20170426_191330.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 27

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't know what the patches are or what they could be caused from. However, what I do notice is a lot of calcium powder on the food. Too much calcium can be as bad as too little. I would do just a small pinch or two twice a week. About half of what I can see and I have no idea how much I can see
What does the diet consist of? And although you say temps and humidity are right on, please tell us what they are. Too many have said the same thing just to find out they got bad information.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
It doesn't look like anything to be worried about.

Kasia

Poland
It doesn't look like anything to be worried about.
A would guess that their neck skin is bit darker due the substrate their sitting in and those whiter areas are where their rubbed the discoloration away by rubbing against their shells. They should be kept in separate enclosures for their well-being.