My babies!! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saleama

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Irving Texas
New Desert Tortoise Mommy said:
Well I used top soil nd that was a horrible idea nd I dont have coco coir in my area so idk what to use im just gona use pellets

please and thank you

There is no Petsmart where you live? No Petco? Or internet? Not a single store near you sells mulch? Just curious, why was the top soil a horrible idea? Many people use it successfully all day every day.

Ok now if you work and do school and you put soil in and you come back to a dirt water bowl and little baby torts dirty and crap in there eye and all there eyes closed. Yes this was a horri ble idea from you people help us not send us messages
treating us like we are bad people cause we dont have no money to drive far and buy a 14 dollar bag and waste 20 on gas we will figure out a different substrate when we get a chance and get a lot of things for them and if you want to get mad and mock us for not having our parents buy our wants for them. now when I get rich like you people think I am ill make them a mansion to satisfy your needs and wants for them but as of now we will do little work here and there so next time you want to go off on people make sure you put into mind they dont have a silver spoon in there mouth lile you do and this is her boyfriend writing this who tales care of them night and day after or before work and school and giving the little guys a bath in carrot food so learn your facts before writing hate msgs to people who are doing everything in there power to care for them
please and thank you

We will get the uvb long bulb but guess what we need... money for it its not free we took how much it cost and our person we talk to recommend it from the start but we were on a budget so we got what they needed the most

please and thank you

I pointed out to you in another thread how you could spend less than $20 and get everything everyone suggested. And here you are getting upset because what YOU are doing is going to kill or severely mess up three beautiful babies. If you do not have $20 to set them up right I suggest you get them to someone who does. Insulting people who are trying to help you is not going to keep your babies alive. So sad...

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
If we are to help the op and hopefully help change her mind about care, then it would be best not to irritate her more than she's already. She's free to take care of her animals in the way she sees fit, even if we don't agree with her. That's her right and prerogative period! The expression, "you get more bees with honey than vinegar" holds true.

Saleama said:
Well I used top soil nd that was a horrible idea nd I dont have coco coir in my area so idk what to use im just gona use pellets

please and thank you

There is no Petsmart where you live? No Petco? Or internet? Not a single store near you sells mulch? Just curious, why was the top soil a horrible idea? Many people use it successfully all day every day.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Keep things on track and helpful to the OP. Give them time to save up more money. They are not the first ones on this forum that has had to wait for their next pay check to get more stuff. Keep it friendly and no mud slinging. That never helps.
She has gotten all the proper info from this forum. It's now up to her to use it or not. We can only hope they do the right thing for the torts.

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
sibi said:
If we are to help the op and hopefully help change her mind about care, then it would be best not to irritate her more than she's already. She's free to take care of her animals in the way she sees fit, even if we don't agree with her. That's her right and prerogative period! The expression, "you get more bees with honey than vinegar" holds true.

Saleama said:

please and thank you

Simply asking questions in order to try and inform her of her choices. This person has already made up their mind to be irritated with anything that is said. I am poor as well but I have the money to take care of my animals. If I did not, I would not have my animals. I spent less than $20 and got new bulbs, new substrate and new food and water dishes for 4 indoor pens. I spent another $55 and set up a 10 x 10 garden with dirt and plants for my 2 Russians.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
That may be true, but we are all powerless to do anything about it. These are her animals, and she may just have to learn the hard way, like many have in the last. If she didn't care about her animals, she wouldn't have joined this forum, shared what was going on, and wouldn't have shown such pride in her babies as the beginning of this thread shows. So, as Barb said, give the op some time to see things especially since she's had these babies for only three days. I know it could be frustrating, but remember folks, we don't own the animals, and we are limited to what we can say or do to change things. Just let it be.
Saleama said:
sibi said:

Saleama said:

please and thank you

Simply asking questions in order to try and inform her of her choices. This person has already made up their mind to be irritated with anything that is said. I am poor as well but I have the money to take care of my animals. If I did not, I would not have my animals. I spent less than $20 and got new bulbs, new substrate and new food and water dishes for 4 indoor pens. I spent another $55 and set up a 10 x 10 garden with dirt and plants for my 2 Russians.

thatrebecca

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, CA
It can be very overwhelming to be a new tort keeper, what with all the conflicting info out there. When I brought home my two juvenile DTs this past spring, I changed their substrate three times in the first week based on different advice I got. I was ready to tear my hair out. (Now they're on plain old back yard dirt outside and orchid bark inside, both of which have worked out great).

Anyway, don't get discouraged. Your intentions are good or you wouldn't be here. There's lots of helpful info to be gleaned from experienced keepers here. Keep reading and learning.

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
thatrebecca said:
It can be very overwhelming to be a new tort keeper, what with all the conflicting info out there. When I brought home my two juvenile DTs this past spring, I changed their substrate three times in the first week based on different advice I got. I was ready to tear my hair out. (Now they're on plain old back yard dirt outside and orchid bark inside, both of which have worked out great).

Anyway, don't get discouraged. Your intentions are good or you wouldn't be here. There's lots of helpful info to be gleaned from experienced keepers here. Keep reading and learning.

LOL...The first week? I was at work on line before finding this forum and I called my Niece 3 times the first day and had her change substrates before I even got home! We had them on Alfalfa, then Timothy and then wood chips and when I got home we changed it to coco coir. I know it can be frustrating. I got all my advice online at several different places. I can say though, that the way I do it now, based on what I got here, is the way my little guys seem to be more healthy and happy.

New Desert Tortoise Mommy

5 Year Member
Haha I dont have friends with tortoises. I have family and we have one thats 7 2 rhat are 40 and one that is 55 thank u very much. Nd no I did do a lot of research nd we git everything together before I got them. Nd then I found this out and I happened to get one with special needs turns out his eyes r fine all of there eyes are fine and the one with the eye problem is that the previous owner knew he was in bad health nd didnt tell anyone. Until after I called to find out what happened. Nd then when I found this out I saw how many different things people say. Nd u guys can say what u want but I did take advice from all of u. But then some advice didnt work for me thats just what happens with everyone and the very upset message was sent from the daddy of theses babies my boyfriend not me. So relax everyone. Honestly u guys cant get upset because im going to do some of ur advice and not all. I was just a over worried mom to them. Nd over reacted. Things r going fine.

please and thank you

Attachments

• 1379829596608.jpg
    1379829596608.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 39
  • 1379829630278.jpg
    1379829630278.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 40

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Aww...they look sooo cute! Is that big momma? She's beautiful! I hope the one with the eye problem gets better soon. You've got a beautiful family there. Best to you:)

5 Year Member
Nd thank u Rebecca u seem to be the only one that understands haha

please and thank you

Thats their cousin haha I wish it was the mommy but no and yah he is sooo cute nd big it was fun watching them together.

please and thank you

Relax people just because I seem to be getting mad doesnt mean im not listening or taking in the advice u guys give me and taking the time to tell me everything u guys know. Nd I appreciate it but I have to wait for the check to come in. So dont start with me saying I should give them away because I cant take care of them. Im not a rich *** like u acting like u. Sorry for getting upset but that was harsh and rude ! So dont tell me I cant afford or I cant take care of them. All u can do is hope for the best because im doing everything I can. People take care of theses babies different ways and not always (word removed by moderator) money. And I see people have helped for cheap ways and I appreciate it. But when I get some things nd then I get something nd else nd then try all theses things I ran out of money toll my next check nothing to do now. But I have the stuff they need. So relax everyone and no more hate on my thread please

please and thank you

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I understand too. And I know you appreciate what we're trying to do for you. Remember, though, that cursing isn't allowed on posts. If anyone made you feel like most of us are rich a**, that's not true. We all do what we can and we want you to feel comfortable here, okay? We want to see more pics of your beautiful family and their cousin, haha. Do you know where the momma and pappa are? It would be real cool to see them too.

Also, no one has the right to tell you you shouldn't have your babies. No one should have said that you should give them away either. That wasn't right. So, don't think everyone feels like that because they don't, okay? Enjoy your babies, and I'll speak with you tomorrow.:)
Nd thank u Rebecca u seem to be the only one that understands haha

please and thank you

Thats their cousin haha I wish it was the mommy but no and yah he is sooo cute nd big it was fun watching them together.

please and thank you

Relax people just because I seem to be getting mad doesnt mean im not listening or taking in the advice u guys give me and taking the time to tell me everything u guys know. Nd I appreciate it but I have to wait for the check to come in. So dont start with me saying I should give them away because I cant take care of them. Im not a rich a$$ like u acting like u. Sorry for getting upset but that was harsh and rude ! So dont tell me I cant afford or I cant take care of them. All u can do is hope for the best because im doing everything I can. People take care of theses babies different ways and not always (word removed by moderator) money. And I see people have helped for cheap ways and I appreciate it. But when I get some things nd then I get something nd else nd then try all theses things I ran out of money toll my next check nothing to do now. But I have the stuff they need. So relax everyone and no more hate on my thread please

please and thank you

5 Year Member
this is her boyfriend right now the hatchlings are all asleep in a super warm room also where i sleep i just wanted to say thank you for your help and advice we will get what is recommend but not now cause we are broke and they do need some type of uvb light and we dont have money for a new one for two weeks so give us time and i do believe two weeks with no sun except the weekends will be fine they may be affected due to lack in vitamin so thank you everyone who has helped with info for scooby rango and sally...scooby is opening one of his eyes and it seems like the carrot baby food bath is working but im not sure about the repti turtle eye drops from zoo med if anything bad about this please tell us thank you

No unfortunately I dont think the club I got them from took care of them nd the mom nd dad I have not one clue :(

please and thank you

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Thank you for your kind words. My babies are asleep too. I know you and your gf are taking the very best care of your babies. I also know how tough it can be for people now a days. You are right, two weeks isn't gonna hurt none especially since they go out on the weekends. Anything I can do to help, just send me a pm(personal message) okay? Nice speaking with you both.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Lol...they are really cute. And mom, if that is mom. She looks pretty good. If i might ask. Where in the USA are you?

5 Year Member
No thats not mama haha but that is a desert tortoise we have but he is in the backyard and we have the babies at my boyfriends in the house. And im in California.

please and thank you

And thank u sibi :) uve been very nice for defending us.

please and thank you

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Thank you.again. I live in Florida and it's real late here. So, I'll get to speak to you again tomorrow. You can tell me what the babies did tomorrow, okay. Good night:)
No thats not mama haha but that is a desert tortoise we have but he is in the backyard and we have the babies at my boyfriends in the house. And im in California.

please and thank you

And thank u sibi :) uve been very nice for defending us.

please and thank you

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
You live in California, it is still warm there, right? Ok so you have the natural sunshine, that is free. You really dont need a uvb light right away. As long as they get outdoors daily. So that problem is solved...lets see..what else? The substrate, what we call it or what is the bedding. Now they really should have some type of humidity. Have you done research on pyramiding? It is what happens when they have no humidity. Im not telling you to do this. Just if you would look it up and see what it looks like. Thats all.

5 Year Member
Well we r gona order online the coco coir because we cant find it anywhere every where we have looked. Also the sun shine well where my boyfriend lives doesnt get sun at allllll like none !! Nd it sucks nd its getting cold not warm really no more. But Saturdays nd sundays we r making them the days we take the babies outside at my house. But other then that they dont have sun nd when we get paid we will get the new light.

please and thank you

Nd yes we know the pyramiding Is from calcium too we have it covered we soak them everyday

please and thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.