Multiple tortoise questions

(r.t)

Location (City and/or State)
Spain
Do tortoises cry?
Do the have a good sense of smell?
What's there eyesight like?( is it good, bad...)
Do tortoises listen, like if they can hear very soft sounds
Please could anyone answer some if these questions???
Thanks

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
They cry when they are sick but it's not from sorrow. Just runny eyes. They have a decent sense of smell and decent eye sight. Maybe on par with a human. Not super like a dog. (That is a guess made from observation.) They can hear and there are sounds that they respond to. They can be trained to respond to a whistle or the calling of their name. Mine come running when they hear my wife and act like they can't hear ME at all......

(r.t)

Spain
They cry when they are sick but it's not from sorrow. Just runny eyes. They have a decent sense of smell and decent eye sight. Maybe on par with a human. Not super like a dog. (That is a guess made from observation.) They can hear and there are sounds that they respond to. They can be trained to respond to a whistle or the calling of their name. Mine come running when they hear my wife and act like they can't hear ME at all......
LOL! Thanks for answering all my questions, and one last one are tortoises easy to train?

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
LOL! Thanks for answering all my questions, and one last one are tortoises easy to train?
Depends, it's hard to train a tortoise to respond by calling but it's easy to get him to be social. Food is a way to any tortoise's heart :)

(r.t)

Spain
Well my tort is already super social so that's not a problem

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Tortoises have a good sense of smell, hearing, and eyesight. y russian knows when I'm coming I'm coming to give him food... or maybe he just remembers :D They don't cry. If your tort has runny eyes, he's probably sick :(