Most accurate Digital Hygrometer/Thermometer

RedFootMom

5 Year Member
Any recommendations for the most accurate Digital Hygrometer/Thermometer all in one?
I did a search and saw a few to look into and just when I get excited I'll find some horrible reviews that say they aren't accurate. I figured I would ask what forum members have found to be reliable. Thank you!
- Jacqueline - Mom to a Cherryhead RF in 5 days!!!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I have had good results from Accurite brand digital thermometer/hygrometers. I buy them at Lowes and they are not expensive. I'm sure you could pay more and get lab grade stuff, if you want to be really sure it is super accurate.

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pacific NorthWET
Tom said:
I have had good results from Accurite brand digital thermometer/hygrometers. I buy them at Lowes and they are not expensive. I'm sure you could pay more and get lab grade stuff, if you want to be really sure it is super accurate.

Tom, I was so proud when my neighbor (who got the other baby of yours) came over to ask me if the hygrometer/thermometer they bought was decent. It was an Accurite. I told them you recommended those. :)

RedFootMom

5 Year Member
I bought a digital Acurite Thermometer/Hygrometer combo at Lowe's last night. It was only around $20. I haven't opened it yet but it looks like it has a small piece that can be set up to hang for the measuring and another piece (wireless) for displaying the results. I almost bought two so I could have one at each end of her table to view the difference in reading the basking temp vs the hideaway area but I didn't.
I was hoping I could find one with a probe so I could stick the probe in different spots to check the range of temp and humidity but they didn't have that.
I have until Tuesday to get the temps/humidity where it should be. In my mind I think I overcomplicate these things. I wish I could fast forward a few months and see that not only have I kept her alive but to see her thriving under my care.