Moderator Nominations

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK Sheffield
This is easy.
So we want someone very knowledgeable about torts in general, not just 1 or 2 species
Can be diplomatic,tactful and open minded. Can be sensitive and stern.

You can't say I'm biased about this person because I've not really had a great deal to do with her. But I spend quite a bit of time reading in the background of this forum taking on board experienced and novice comments.

@1,19,3,15,20,20.

Stupid phone just messed up again, all these numbers keep coming up instead of letters.
:D:D:D:p

Turtlepete

South Florida
Some of these nominations are decent members that would probably make great moderators. A few are members that seem to have a past history of constant faux pas and behavior that has required a moderators interference on several occasions. I think its a bit questionable for these members to be nominated to be a moderator themselves….?

Prairie Mom

I think Josh started this thread just to get "wheels turning" and bring up discussions between he and the moderators. I seriously doubt popular vote etc will have an influence. I'm not too worried about it.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
This is easy.
So we want someone very knowledgeable about torts in general, not just 1 or 2 species
Can be diplomatic,tactful and open minded. Can be sensitive and stern.

You can't say I'm biased about this person because I've not really had a great deal to do with her. But I spend quite a bit of time reading in the background of this forum taking on board experienced and novice comments.

@1,19,3,15,20,20.

Stupid phone just messed up again, all these numbers keep coming up instead of letters.
:D:D:D:p
Yes I think @ascott would be good too
if staying in US.
Very diplomatic and easy going with replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Last edited:

Prairie Mom

Nephelle.

Although they aren't across the pond, they posted a very good thread recently giving instructions on how to respond in the thread and instructions on how to post pictures. Well thought out.
Nephelle does run another large forum with her partner, so she certainly does have the experience.

M

Maggie Cummings

Zeropilot and Terryo
I'm reluctant to offer a name because I really don't want to hurt the feelings of people who I might not think would be good moderators.

I will say one thing though… Because someone is brash, edgy or less-than-tolerant as a regular member, does not mean they are incapable of behaving in a more dignified fashion when in a position that requires it.

My love for Yvonne and her eloquence, diplomacy and grace is no secret. Her choice of words is most dignified in every way. But over the years there have been a few times where I have been privy to what she'd like to say… Because she is in the position she is in, and also because she is a lovely and good person, she choses not to stoop to the lowest common denominator. I think several others do make, and/or would make a similar choice as well. At this time I am not one of those people.

I guess that was more than "one thing".

When are you people gonna realize Y is actually very mean???? And when she finally gets ti

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Two year old thread resurrected from the dead? :confused:
Heckfire, I'm still in the process of finding a dish of very aggressive Recombinant DNA ! It was so old I'm not sure I even properly identified the petrie dish or not. For all I know, it's simply labeled with the original marketing label for Smuckers jams only now it contains an extra eye or two and a fully functional mouth. And this thread is ONLY, two years old and I think our current group of moderators is fine, just fine.

Last edited: