Mites?

kball

I have looked on here and I can find what I'm looking for exactly. I was watching my Leo last night and I saw little tiny like light brown or tan bugs on his shell I got tho looking and I saw abunch of them inbetween his scutes in different places please help. Thanks in advance

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
Substrate nats! There are harmless little tan-black bugs that live in wet (or any really) substrate. If you want to get rid of them, you can add pill bugs to your soil, or you can bake or boil the substrate every 2 weeks. In numerous quantities you can find them on your tort, but, totally harmless :)

ben32hayt

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Long Island, New York
I keep outdoor pens and my tortoises get mites and little white bugs similar to them pretty often. Never had any issues with them except for the fact that they irritate me. So, I give my tortoises baths and they are all gone afterwards.

tinkerbell1189

5 Year Member
I had a problem with insects in my outdoor enclosure. But now I have a wild slow worm who pretty much lives in there, he keeps coming back most days so must like it in there! Anyways he takes care of most of the bugs in there, so I'm lucky . I hope the little guy comes back after winter