Meet the Mighty Odin at 7 months (Sulcata)

Odin's Gma

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USDA Zone 4a+
Being our first tortoise, I am of course concerned with his health, particularly pyramiding and growth in his early years. Hopefully all of you experts can tell me how we're doing so far via pictures. He is about 7 months right now and we have had him for 6. He is active and funny and eats (and poops) like a beast! He is about 3" long, 2.5" wide and 1.5" tall (all measurements shell only and not exact, he has no patience with my measuring shenanigans!)

Of course, being a bit partial, I think he is the most handsome and perfect tortoise to ever live, but I am here to learn in order to keep him healthy and happy, not just brag and show him off.

004.JPG 001.JPG 009.JPG 005.JPG

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
He is looking great! All the new growth is coming in very nicely. Smooth, uniform and symmetrical. Perfect! :)

What does he weigh?

Odin's Gma

5 Year Member
USDA Zone 4a+
He is looking great! All the new growth is coming in very nicely. Smooth, uniform and symmetrical. Perfect! :)

What does he weigh?
This was his intro thread, back when he was @ 7 months old. He is now 15 months old, and thanks in large part to you and your care sheets, he is still wicked handsome!
He is still a little guy, only weighing in at 280 grams at 15 months, but his growth since I found this place his smooth and steady and his initial pyramiding (from a dry start, bad breeder advice and lack of knowledge on our part) is getting less and less noticeable as time goes on.

New pics from today, squash flowers in the sun. His happy place. :)021.JPG 032.JPG 034.JPG 036.JPG

Odin's Gma

5 Year Member
USDA Zone 4a+
at least he has an excuse to eat..... lots of growing to do
He may have had a slow start with his growth, but he is certainly working to make up for lost time. He has hit a growth EXPLOSION the last few months! It is amazing to see.
And (yet another shout-out to the forum pros here) the new growth is still smooth and gorgeous!

Sheldon the russian tortoise

5 Year Member
He may have had a slow start with his growth, but he is certainly working to make up for lost time. He has hit a growth EXPLOSION the last few months! It is amazing to see.
And (yet another shout-out to the forum pros here) the new growth is still smooth and gorgeous!
big shout out to the pros from me aswell this may sound a little harsh but im pretty sure sheldon would be dead without them

Odin's Gma

5 Year Member
USDA Zone 4a+
big shout out to the pros from me aswell this may sound a little harsh but im pretty sure sheldon would be dead without them
I often wonder if Odin would have made it as far as he has without the knowledge I have received here. I have no doubt he would have, at the very least, been severely pyramided and not as healthy and happy.
This place has made all the difference in his health and quality of life.

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
I often wonder if Odin would have made it as far as he has without the knowledge I have received here. I have no doubt he would have, at the very least, been severely pyramided and not as healthy and happy.
This place has made all the difference in his health and quality of life.
Preach it! :cool: I love Tort Forum!