Meet Gamera .... 2

legan52

Location (City and/or State)
Chicago
Our little guy arrived this morning and seems to be adjusting well. Had a soak in the morning and a quick one tonight, plus a few minutes in the sun to graze. He had a decent appetite right away but no interest at all in Mazuri! We are keeping the name Gamera from our previous hatchling, who unfortunately didn't make it. My son is six and just had a lot of trouble with his grandfather dying, so we didn't want to pile another death on so soon. He didn't notice the swap, thankfully. I was so sad about our first baby, but after four months of trying he never made it past 38 grams. The new baby weighed in at 49 as a 7 week old, which seems like decent growth! I'm looking forward to moving on and not spending so much time stressing and feeling guilty. Anyways, here he is! A beautiful split scute baby from AZ Sulcata.

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1478643940.557572.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1478643952.437230.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Aw, I love the aberrant scutes! And the back of the boy's head is pretty cute too!

legan52

Chicago
Weighed in at 52g today and seems to be warming up to his new enclosure/home. I've caught him walking around more and he was more active during his soak. Hoping he keeps getting more outgoing!

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Beautiful little guy! All the best with him for the rest of your life...!

legan52

Chicago
IMG_0930.jpg

Our scale officially won’t read his weight anymore. Time to use a regular people scale from now on.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
He does look great! His aberrant scutes are not as noticeable now:-(((
I will be anxious to see his current weight when you get it!