Medication Side Effects?? (intestinal parasites)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esha27

5 Year Member
Hello, I am a new owner of a Redfoot. I've had her for about three months and she recently became ill. I've had several problems with her health and the vet believes the pet store didn't properly care for her. I was able to get a few good stools (after 2 days of force feeding) and I took her to the vet and today he was finally able to diagnose her with intestinal worms. Im not exactly sure what they are, but I know that they're a blood sucking type. The medication he gave her was in a white cream form. I don't know what that was either... She seems to be regaining strength, but she seems to be having breathing problems or something. She keeps making this dry-heaving motion, and her head and front legs roll together as she makes the motion. I think she has an upset stomach. Is this normal? should I be worried? Is there anything I can do to help?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Welcome to the Forum :D and we LOVE PICS :p

Well, let me ask you about the breathing thing...do you mean she like lumps her arms along with her skin under her head...down her neck...inflates and deflates...kinda all about the same time?

Also, while she is being treated with the wormer you will want to make sure she is in an environment that is able to be cleaned readily...as if she is in the soil and when she goes poo the remaining live bloodsuckers now contaminate the soil....so you may want to adjust or readily change out the substrate so she does not reinfect....

Are you offering daily warm water soaks...I would suggest to do this as anything you can do to aid in bowels moving the meds and dead little blood sucker bodies out of her the better...

Status
Not open for further replies.