Medication distribution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessie

5 Year Member
Any tips to trick Shakespeare into eating his medicine? I've tried baby food, and strawberries so far but he won't even go near them. I know he's hungry because he is sniffing the floor for food desperately trying to find some but no avail. Any help/tips?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
The only thing I know, sounds like you already tried. Just hiding it in his favorite foods. If it is a liquid, maybe you can try just putting it in his mouth. Good luck, maybe someone will have a trick or two for you.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
If it is a paste type you can make a lettuce burrito. I would guess it is either liquid or paste.

Jessie

5 Year Member
It's liquid so I tried mixing it in with some veggie baby food which without the meds he liked but with them he wouldn't touch. I also tried the burrito idea because I read about that somewhere but that didn't work either. :(

Jessie

5 Year Member
I retried the burrito idea and walah...
View attachment 16978
Hey mom do i have anything on my face???
Little does he know he just took the medicine he has been refusing to eat all day!!! :p

Attachments

• image-484489640.png
    image-484489640.png
    381.9 KB · Views: 14

Jessie

5 Year Member
I think I need to get him a new food dish though because he would only eat it if I dropped it right infront of him on the floor liner he is currently on due to my quarinteen.

jaizei said:

Could u see the picture I attached???

Attachments

• image-1998882448.png
    image-1998882448.png
    381.9 KB · Views: 12

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
We have had some luck with cooked sweet potato and banana.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Does he eat Mazuri? I've had success letting a liquid med soak into a Mazuri pellet. If he's gonna be picky, I'd let him go hungry for a few day. And adult is not going to starve to death, and I refuse to lose a battle of wills with a reptile...

The other option is to syringe (NO needle) it into his tummy. That's what I did for my last round of Panacur last year.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
paint the syringe red, so it looks like a berry,, when he opens his mouth to eat the berry... squirt the medicine into his mouth..

Status
Not open for further replies.