Media for turtle nest

JWiediyanto

I want to breed my turtles but is it ok if I use a mixture of 50% of sand and 50% of land compost.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
Sand is usually a good media to use. It doesn't hold moisture well. Which species are your tortoises/turtles? Vermiculite is a good media to use, or just peat moss.

JWiediyanto

Sand is usually a good media to use. It doesn't hold moisture well. Which species are your tortoises/turtles? Vermiculite is a good media to use, or just peat moss.
The turtle nest is the only time when the turtle lays eggs. I'm going to use the different thing for the media in the incubator

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
The turtle nest is the only time when the turtle lays eggs. I'm going to use the different thing for the media in the incubator
Typo on my initial response. It meant to say sand is NOT usually a good media to use. But can be used. I'm also pretty confused as to what "the turtle nest is the only time when the turtle lays egg" what does this mean? So your planning on using an incubator I presume. If the species of turtle is aquatic a mix of sand, peat moss will be ok. But this depends on the species eggs your incubating.