Mazuri

Number1Platypus

Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
Does anyone know if boxies can have Mazuri? Someone on a fb tortoise forum is feeding it to her tort and is wondering, and I've seen other feeding their torts it on instagram but never knew what it was till now and now I'm curious too! Lol

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
Yes I have to agree with tortoises getting addicted...mine are new to the mazuri just from about 2 mos ago. They were never picky eaters...now they are! They seriously snub anything I now put for food since I started the mazuri. So when I give them mazuri I add greens in there finely chopped.

Number1Platypus

Massachusetts
Yes I have to agree with tortoises getting addicted...mine are new to the mazuri just from about 2 mos ago. They were never picky eaters...now they are! They seriously snub anything I now put for food since I started the mazuri. So when I give them mazuri I add greens in there finely chopped.
Uh oh! Haha. My boxie has to eat finely chopped food all the time anyways cause his beak problem so that wouldn't be a problem. Do you think the mazuri will encourage him to eat even though he's never had it? He's on meds for a few more days but stopped eating again, it's been like 3 days that he hasn't eaten

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
Uh oh! Haha. My boxie has to eat finely chopped food all the time anyways cause his beak problem so that wouldn't be a problem. Do you think the mazuri will encourage him to eat even though he's never had it? He's on meds for a few more days but stopped eating again, it's been like 3 days that he hasn't eaten
Oh yeah...I think that mazuri will help him stimulate his appetite!! Just make sure you soak it real good & mush it. I find some hard chunks in that stuff and I get nervous with my torts choking on it! I hope it gets his appetite back :)

Prairie Mom

[QUOTE=" I'm curious too! Lol[/QUOTE]
Hi @Number1Platypus :) I've never used Mazuri either and am hoping that it would be alright with you, if I asked a question about it on your helpful Mazuri thread?

I'm actually looking into purchasing some online right now for my younger sulcata. I noticed that there are different pellet sizes for Mazuri (1/4"X1/2", 1/2X3/4" etc). Since forum members are suggesting to soak the Mazuri, does it even matter what size the pellets are?

Number1Platypus

Massachusetts
[QUOTE=" I'm curious too! Lol
Hi @Number1Platypus :) I've never used Mazuri either and am hoping that it would be alright with you, if I asked a question about it on your helpful Mazuri thread?

I'm actually looking into purchasing some online right now for my younger sulcata. I noticed that there are different pellet sizes for Mazuri (1/4"X1/2", 1/2X3/4" etc). Since forum members are suggesting to soak the Mazuri, does it even matter what size the pellets are?[/QUOTE]
I don't mind at all! And I'd assume the size doesn't matter but I'll let someone else answer!

Tyanna

Wisconsin
I would get the smallest size depending on type of tort. I've seen just Mazuri and LS Mazuri. I asked @Tom the difference, and he said LS Mazuri doesn't seem to become mush vey easily, and to get the regular kind.

Prairie Mom

I would get the smallest size depending on type of tort. I've seen just Mazuri and LS Mazuri. I asked @Tom the difference, and he said LS Mazuri doesn't seem to become mush vey easily, and to get the regular kind.

That was SUPER helpful Tyanna (as usual!), because I didn't even NOTICE the small "LS" was listed next to the smaller pellets. So, I'll get the larger looking pellets of regular ol' Mazuri which are 1/2" x 3/4" and hope it softens up nicely. Thanks @Tyanna and @Number1Platypus !

Number1Platypus

Massachusetts
Oh yeah...I think that mazuri will help him stimulate his appetite!! Just make sure you soak it real good & mush it. I find some hard chunks in that stuff and I get nervous with my torts choking on it! I hope it gets his appetite back :)
Sorry I somehow missed your reply! And thank you I'll deff try it!! And I hope he does too :)