Mazuri Tortoise Food?

Tortoise Man

Hi. I am getting ready to purchase this but before I do, is this the right food for my two Sulcatas and my leopard tortoise. One Sulcata is a hatchling, the other is a juvenile, and the leopard is a bit over one year old. I feel like they are not getting enough or the right food. Here is a picture of the diet...image.jpg
Thanks for the help!

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sunny AZ
Yup, that will work.
You may have to soak the pellets for them :)

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hi. I am getting ready to purchase this but before I do, is this the right food for my two Sulcatas and my leopard tortoise. One Sulcata is a hatchling, the other is a juvenile, and the leopard is a bit over one year old. I feel like they are not getting enough or the right food. Here is a picture of the diet...View attachment 140708
Thanks for the help!
So where is it coming from ?

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Thank you . I just feel my feed store charges to much . And it's across town . But I buy the large bags every 4-5 weeks .

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
I order mine straight from mazuri.
I usually get a good deal and get reduced shipping

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
I have never seen that package before. It confuses me because it has crocks, tortoise, turtles, and lizards. Mazuri, I believe, has a different formula for each of these reptiles. The formula for crocks for instance has 45% protein and 3% fiber. Not something I would feed a sulcata or leopard. Be sure that you are ordering the correct Mazuri for your species.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
I have never seen that package before. It confuses me because it has crocks, tortoise, turtles, and lizards. Mazuri, I believe, has a different formula for each of these reptiles. The formula for crocks for instance has 45% protein and 3% fiber. Not something I would feed a sulcata or leopard. Be sure that you are ordering the correct Mazuri for your species.
That is what the big bag of tortoise food looks like when you order straight from Mazuri.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
That's crazy. I have been buying 25 pound bags of it for years and not once looked at the front of the bag. Always ordered it from Mazuri and left the opened bag in the shipping box.
:D
They just changed the bag about a year ago :D

SarahChelonoidis

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada

That bags are confusing - there is a stick-on label on the side that tells you which one it is (ie. croc, tortoises, etc.). They just manufacture one generic bag (the packaging, not the contents) for the reptile chow now, but it's not a multipurpose food.

Ariza

5 Year Member
Tucson, AZ
Thanks Tortoise Man! I just went to Ebay and bought from stickyjoe1 for $8.95 and free shipping. I only have one tort and she's never had it and I don't know if she will like it, didn't want to spend all that money buying the 25lbs bag. And they supposedly go bad after a few months and I don't have room in my freezer for all THAT. And the one pounders I've seen before was $12 plus the shipping was going to be close to $20.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
That bags are confusing - there is a stick-on label on the side that tells you which one it is (ie. croc, tortoises, etc.). They just manufacture one generic bag (the packaging, not the contents) for the reptile chow now, but it's not a multipurpose food.
It's the RED label one.

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
Is this the same stuff.? This is the stuff that I get and many people here as well, say that their tortoises love it. its Nuggets not Pellets. the pellet type is the LS which is low starch, I believe, and is not as popular with the tortoises.

Attachments

• IMG_20150519_182153.jpg
    IMG_20150519_182153.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 13

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Is this the same stuff.? This is the stuff that I get and many people here as well, say that their tortoises love it. its Nuggets not Pellets. the pellet type is the LS which is low starch, I believe, and is not as popular with the tortoises.
The LS says LS on the pack and they pellets are a slimmer design.