Mazuri. Should I feed it?

muu

Hi since joining the forum a few weeks ago, I have noticed many people mention they feed Mazuri. I hadn't heard of it before joining the forum. My baby redfoot is 1 year old. Should I be feeding it too him? If so how often and how much?

Joanne

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Lancashire, UK
it's just a supplement for when you can't find enough weeds outside over winter. I've only just bought some pellet food for my tortoise and he loves it. I feed it alongside fresh greens and flowers.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Yes you should. I feed mine mazuri 3 times a week but others do it less. I think it's a fantastic product.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It's actually a good source of food, to be added as a small part of their widely varied diet. Some feed it every day, some one a couple times a week. Yes, I recommend it.

muu

Thank you I'll order some right away. Do I soak it for him seeing as he's a baby?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Most do soak it. You can also crumble it, into small pieces. I like it soaked. Just be sure not to use to much water. You want the Mazuri to soak up all the water, so you don't loose any of the nutrients into the water.