Mazuri? Seriously?? Gross

ExtraSpicyKimchi

Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
I just looked up the ingredients to this stuff. WHY??? Soybean? Corn? Wheat? These are things I avoid as a human and don't even feed to my dog- for great health reasons.... All filler. Why feed them to a tortoise???? Is it because of the other vitamins/minerals? I read somewhere on this forum that a few people take centrum complete and sprinkle a bit on a few meals each week.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I just looked up the ingredients to this stuff. WHY??? Soybean? Corn? Wheat? These are things I avoid as a human and don't even feed to my dog- for great health reasons.... All filler. Why feed them to a tortoise???? Is it because of the other vitamins/minerals? I read somewhere on this forum that a few people take centrum complete and sprinkle a bit on a few meals each week.

We've had this discussion many times here. Just had it again over the last few days. Read here:
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/sometimes-i-want-to-cry.156384/#post-1486697

You are not alone.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It's used as a part of a varied diet to round it out in all aspects and yes also for the vitamins and minerals. Not recommended to feed daily or alone.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Many keepers choose not to feed Mazuri for the simple fact that the ingredients read like something horrible. Others do feed because of our first hand and second hand good results.
The truth is that either way you go, pro or con, your tortoises will still be fine. Just remember to not overly indulge in any one food. Mazuri included.
Mazuri will not harm your tortoise.

ExtraSpicyKimchi

Las Vegas, NV
Many keepers choose not to feed Mazuri for the simple fact that the ingredients read like something horrible. Others do feed because of our first hand and second hand good results.
The truth is that either way you go, pro or con, your tortoises will still be fine. Just remember to not overly indulge in any one food. Mazuri included.
Mazuri will not harm your tortoise.

Funny enough, it wasn't the list of vitamins and supplements that I was worried about, it was more so the corn, wheat and soy! I won't be incorporating it as a part of my tort's varied diet as of right now, but I'm going to keep an open mind and won't hesitate to use it in the need does arise! In the mean time, I'm going to get a vitamin sup for tortoises to sprinkle on a few meals each week. Just to make sure Fergie is getting everything he/she needs.

Also, @Tom I read through the other thread and wanted to take a minute to say thank you for responding to a lot of my threads, giving great, sound and trustworthy advice. I really do appreciate it and the time it takes to do so- psychology degree or not.... LOL.