Mazuri & how often

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
I finally got some mazuri & wondering how often I should feed it to red footeded tortoises. I have never given them it because I could never find it & never ordered it online. I have read (not on here) & talked to others that they feed it often, I'm not sure how I feel about that. Just curious on other red foot owners.
Thanks.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
It's up to you, just use it in addition to the fresh foods.

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
I try to go easy with anything I feed my reds so that they don't become fixated on any one thing. Instead, they seem to go crazy over any of the "specialty" foods whenever offered. This said, I tend to feed a generous serving of mazuri in the form of meatballs once a week (and always served with their regular greens in case they want it). They end up skipping the next day's offering since they totally gorge themselves on the meatballs :p

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
I try to go easy with anything I feed my reds so that they don't become fixated on any one thing. Instead, they seem to go crazy over any of the "specialty" foods whenever offered. This said, I tend to feed a generous serving of mazuri in the form of meatballs once a week (and always served with their regular greens in case they want it). They end up skipping the next day's offering since they totally gorge themselves on the meatballs :p
Thanks!! And that's what I was concerned about! My one tortoise sat there after the mazuri was gone for like 7 minutes waiting for more or he was soooo full & couldn't move :) but I wasn't sure if I should do 1 or 2 times a week.

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
Two times a week isn't a big deal. Some people use it everyday along with greens. It's your own preference. I say, go with whatever you feel is right for your tortoises as long as you keep providing an ever-changing variety of the "good stuff". Everything in moderation ;)