MATURE GALOP'S

guille24

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
wisconsin
Do you know From what island are they from ? Or could be ?? I love Galapagos tortoises ! I want to go to the islands so bad !

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Quite the lookers, now I am torn between galap and aldab. what a choice.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Do you know how old are they?? Are they ready to breed? You say they are mature......Any possibility?? How many subspecies of them and how many as you know still around?

Sorry for so many question but this is rare........Very rare...

Love to see more photo of them. Thanks.

M

Maggie Cummings

The male just looks so smug! Thanks for the pix...

M

Maggie Cummings

Do you know From what island are they from ? Or could be ?? I love Galapagos tortoises ! I want to go to the islands so bad !
They come from the Galapagos Islands, don't they? I had to go and take a second look. Because of the OP's avatar and name, I thought at first they were Aldabrans. Guess I should read as well as look at the pictures...lol

guille24

5 Year Member
wisconsin
The reason I ask is because I want one from the Isabella island lol

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
They come from the Galapagos Islands, don't they? I had to go and take a second look. Because of the OP's avatar and name, I thought at first they were Aldabrans. Guess I should read as well as look at the pictures...lol
There are different subs on the different islands that make up the Galopagos Islands. For example, Lonesome george was the last of the Pinto Island Galops. Each have different traits and characteristics specific to their island. It is really pretty interesting. You should read up on it. You can even see a video of the repopulation efforts being done with the seperate island sub species all hatched and raised for release to their "Home" island all from select adults that were harvested from the islands back in the 70's. They even DNA test animals from many different collections to find island specific traits in the hopes they will discover some of the extinct animals DNA out there somewhere.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Isabella has 2 species on that island becki and vecini, of the vecini you have 4 sub species of them. These look like wolf(becki) and are pretty representative in the species shown here. They are the typical massive Galapagos around the wolf volcanoe.

Last edited:

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Very cool Greg ....thanks for the share !
Gave me an idea for a "Quickie Galap Thread"...................:D